Sport Bikes banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
mmm mmm good...
6,958 Posts
yup...call the dealer and give them your VIN.....they'll check to see if the recall was done. if not, they'll replace them for free...

while youre at it, the front sprocket nut was also recalled.....this is technically an "as fails" recall, but most places will replace it since its cheaper ($8) than replacing the entire engine and drivetrain.

·
getting low
43 Posts
yea i pulled the coils this weekend..... holes in every one... also put in $36.00 worth of plugs while i was at it.....the problem is...coils are backordered in japan!:angry:mad::cry:ar:chair

·
Registered
149 Posts
yup...call the dealer and give them your VIN.....they'll check to see if the recall was done. if not, they'll replace them for free...

while youre at it, the front sprocket nut was also recalled.....this is technically an "as fails" recall, but most places will replace it since its cheaper ($8) than replacing the entire engine and drivetrain.
If I just call the closest Yamaha dealer to my house and give them my VIN can they check to see if my ignition coils were replaced even if the service wasn't done at their shop?

·
It's Kevopalooza time!
1,011 Posts
Hey, my '07 keeps dieing on me when I pull the clutch in and the throtle goes back down to idle and shuts off. Could it be the ECU? When my bike idles it doesnt stay at one speed it moves back and fourth between 1000rpm and 1600rpm. Its never steadly on one.

·
Registered
143 Posts
^just read a post that someone binned it because of a stuck throttle....this one is serious.

:edit finally found it. im gonna link it here, if it needs removed, NP.
Throttle stuck :( : Yamaha R6 Forum: R6MessageNet : YZF-R6 Forums
Wow, a buddy of mine had an '07 and said the "throttle stuck" and he went through a field and destroyed his....we all said it was just him saying it because iit was his first motorcycle and he went with an new R6....maybe he wasn't lying....

·
mmm mmm good...
6,958 Posts
If I just call the closest Yamaha dealer to my house and give them my VIN can they check to see if my ignition coils were replaced even if the service wasn't done at their shop?
yup....they have to go thru yamaha to get credit for the recall...

Hey, my '07 keeps dieing on me when I pull the clutch in and the throtle goes back down to idle and shuts off. Could it be the ECU? When my bike idles it doesnt stay at one speed it moves back and fourth between 1000rpm and 1600rpm. Its never steadly on one.
ECU or the YCCT.....i thought they fixed the ycct in 06, not an expert on the bike though.

Wow, a buddy of mine had an '07 and said the "throttle stuck" and he went through a field and destroyed his....we all said it was just him saying it because iit was his first motorcycle and he went with an new R6....maybe he wasn't lying....
its a possibility......

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just bought a 2006 r6 off my buddy who knows nothing about bikes. he only put 4700 miles on the bike. Were there any recalls on the 06 that any of you know of?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had this same problem on my 03 600rr. I didnt know what it was so i took it to twiggs the local bike shop and they said it was a bad ground.

·
Registered
25 Posts
For the battery leak, it wasn't an actual recall. If the damage happend, and you were still under warranty, Yamaha would replace the damaged parts. If out of warranty, sorry, you're sol.
Well, that sucks!

Mine still has the original battery .... I had to wrap it up in a plastic baggie! Freezer baggy of course! :headbang

21 - 33 of 33 Posts