Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying to figure out the body frame of the Yamaha R6 that is all black but has red flames on the fairings. Can anyone tell me where i can find out what the exact fram is called and how i can get one. Thanks

·
Registered
217 Posts
Uh yeah what are you talking about? The frame that is all black comes on all 2003/2004 R6's,Not just the flamed paintjob ones if that is what you are asking.

Wes

·
Common sense isn't common
986 Posts
Theres nothing special about that frame than the other 03 R6's, their all black frames

The flames are nothing but a limited edition package..

What exactly are you looking for... 2 people have already told you what year its from...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey, go to this web site they have online fiche, you can use you serial number off the upper inside right, of your frame. This number will tell you just about anything about that bike. And if you need help, the people are cool as ice man. Luck.
Rage>>

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah i was just wondering how i would be able to get that frame. I didnt know it was a limited edition package. I thought it was a body frame that you could buy and there was a certain code that listed it. My mistake. Thanks all

·
Common sense isn't common
986 Posts
EnthusiasticRider said:
yeah i was just wondering how i would be able to get that frame. I didnt know it was a limited edition package. I thought it was a body frame that you could buy and there was a certain code that listed it. My mistake. Thanks all

The frame itself is not limited edition... just the bodywork.

If your looking for the exact name of the frame its "Deltabox III"

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Explanation: I thought the flames were a custom paint job or a particular frame you had to buy aftermarket and put on. Now i found out that it was a regular R6 frame and limited edition flame on the fairings. I got mixed up cause i didn't know it was for the 2003 model. Apologize for the confusion i gave others on my broad question. I'll make sure to specify if i have any further ones. Thanks again

·
Midnight Rider
415 Posts
www.yamaha-motor.com go there and get the bike section. they have an online fiche (with pictures) so you can find the part numbers you want, since this thread is all over the place. if you are looking for Yamaha parts, i would recommend calling MR Cycle. the website is www.mrcycle.com i think... either way, look for it as they are the cheapest i have found. hope you find what you need

·
Registered
646 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
More than likely (judging by the number of posts and how quickly he came up with his own 'answer) this is a bike thief that has stolen this model of bike and is looking for a frame with a unique, legal VIN number attached to it that he can do a quick swap of.

Man. Don't you guys get bikes STOLEN where you are? Racer X, you live in Houston!! TX gets bikes stolen all the time! and you're so busy preaching that you don't even recognize a thief in our very MIDST?

EnthusiasticRider....(snort) nice name. Dead giveaway.

·
Registered
125 Posts
hahahahaha this is hilarious, first the lightning in a bottle picture, then an apparently well-needed diagram of where the frame is on the R6 and last but not least comes racer x's link for starting small :lol

1 - 20 of 56 Posts