Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I figured I'd update you guys on the situation, even though the R6 has overheated few and far between that one time it spiked on I4, I figured out the problem is the fan is DEAD. the other day I ran it just to make sure I wasn't losing my mind and I was right the fan was never kicking on. I'm going to talk to Doug at DMS and see how much that little doo-hicky will run me, annnnnd I'm getting a new rear tire mounted today and I blew my right casing gasket the other day, oil was everywhere, so I'm putting a new one in today :lol :)... I think I want to look into the manual fan switch idea too. Thanks for all the help before you guys, love ya's :D!!

·
Registered
600 Posts
hey i know this is late, but i didn't see the post about your bike overheating..
i had the same problem with mine the last time i was in Daytona, remember when we met up with you & jerry in that lil parking lot? That's when it was overheating, anyhoo....that fan switch right off the top of the radiator on the right side doesn't cost much, i don't remember exactly but i think it's less than $20. Easy fix too :) I gotta that Nick for the help with mine!!

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SpeedfreakR6 said:
hey i know this is late, but i didn't see the post about your bike overheating..
i had the same problem with mine the last time i was in Daytona, remember when we met up with you & jerry in that lil parking lot? That's when it was overheating, anyhoo....that fan switch right off the top of the radiator on the right side doesn't cost much, i don't remember exactly but i think it's less than $20. Easy fix too :) I gotta that Nick for the help with mine!!
Well inorder to be absolutely positive it's the fan and not something else electrical causing the fan not to come on they will have to take the whole front end apart and tinker with it, sooo we'll see :). Oh yeah Bill I rolled over 35k miles the other day :D...

·
Posse Pimp Daddy #1
2,767 Posts
I dont think you will have to take the whole front end apart...if you are over in this area I may be able to help you out like bill.

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oooookies dokers, I think I might roll out to the area next week for a couple of days and let you guys play with it, just remember you break it you buy it :lol :lao...

·
Posse Pimp Daddy #1
2,767 Posts
SicFLgirlR6 said:
Oooookies dokers, I think I might roll out to the area next week for a couple of days and let you guys play with it
How did this thread go from fixing your bike to this? :banana

·
Registered
600 Posts
sicflgirl....you're getting close....i'm almost at 47,000....:D
and listen to Nick, let him use his power probe LOL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts