Sport Bikes banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i have an 03-04 R6 shock with an aftermarket spring thats 1.5kg/mm stronger than stock. the R6 shock is a half inch shorter than the stock shock so it will lower the bike. but with the spring you'll be in a better working zone and it would be great for 2-up. the stock R6 spring is way too weak for our bike and would never work and actually be dangerous because of bottoming out. the stock fz6 spring will not fit on the shock because its way too long. im getting an ohlins because im doing alot of trackdays now, but this has been really good to me so far.
the spring and the shock have nicks and little stuff like that but overall it looks good on the bike IMO and you cant see the little stuff.

asking $90 OBO

Attachments

·
FZ6 Corner Carver
12,159 Posts
hey if you dont mind me asking what weight range was this shock built/set up for...? and what kind of modifications did you have to do for the mounting...?

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
same mounting proceedures as any r6 shock. (its stickied) weight range i dont know about because we dont have a racetech calculator. the spring is 15.3 kg/mm and traxxion told me our spring is 13.8 kg/mm stock if i remember right. even still it lowers the rear quite a bit from feel.

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
this shock isnt a "fix" its a stock r6 shock. its simply a lowering option. im sure the spring will keep the SHOCK (not overall suspension, because of the lowering) in the correct working zone for anyone 180-240lbs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts