Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so recently i had to replace the oil pan on my 99 r6 and to do so had to take the exaust system off . my question is that when i whent to replace the headers into the engine there are the copper/ steel braided Orings that go in before the actual header unit and after i tighten everything down it looks as if they should go in more than they do but cant due to the o rings/spacers that are there is this normal?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they are right before the actual header manifold/pipes there is def a space that they go into but when i tighten it all down it just looks wierd like they should go in another fraction of a mil or so or just seat in a bit further but the spacers prevent that i have them all the way in for sure its just wierd theres no exaust leakage or anything i even dripped soapy water on them when they were cool and started it no bubbles anywhere just wierds me out.

·
Kawpuke Extraordinare!
1,148 Posts
Those round o-rings are the exhaust gaskets. As long as the pipe is seated squarely on the round o-rings and you dont have an exhaust leak you should be good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts