Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my bike to get 30K mile serviced and for ruff idle, running on 2 pistons.

Service put new spark plugs in, fixed it. Picked the bike up and road home, super smooth engine, ran fine.

Get about 8 miles down the road and sitting at light. Ruff idle. starts missing. Ride around town or 15 minutes. Issue seems to be only at low idle 1 - 4 rpms and lower speeds. No missing when I am going 50mph on the highway.

Decide to ride back to service. Explain it all. They said it could be a bad spark plug even tho the plugs are new, they don't think its a coil issue but tell me it could be 1 of several things and they will take the bike back and let mew know something in a few days. They are at least going to put a new spark plug or 2 in it.

Any ideas from you guys? Gas is fresh.

·
Registered
5,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK so now I have the bike out of the shop. It has 4 new spark plugs. It idles really low now, at 1K rpms and its sooooo quite at idle. They said it had been ideling too high and now its normal..

bike seems to sound different now, more muffled. Also I swear the bike seems to have less mid range power.

Shop says they dont know what else to do.

either way I am selling it now. Going to get something else

·
Are we not men?
9,009 Posts
Good choice. Shame you had such a bad experience.

·
Registered
5,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
went for 100 mile ride today. about half way in the trip the bike would die at idle. soooo I turned the idle back up to 1500 and that fixed that. RPMs still shaky, can tell its missing at idle. Runs great above 4K rpms.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts