Sport Bikes banner

301 - 311 of 311 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #301
Thanks Caferc35. another question, how did you mount the exhaust onto the peg? I see how you fabricated a bracket but dont know where exactly on the peg you mounted it on, and thanks for the great instruction

Again - go back to the second post..the fourth picture shows that the tab off the muffler has a bolt in it. I used a small thin piece of galvanized to connect that to the save hole the peg bolts into.

The muffler needs to be attached, just the clamp to the header is not enough. Be creative and make it happen.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Brackets

Hey guys, I know this was posted a long time ago, but I just happened over these prefabbed brackets by Sato Racing on the cheap, and the three sizes they have available should do the trick for both the people that want to the 06 stock conversion or for other who are looking to go 06 aftermarket and are looking for a bracket to tie into the foot peg bolt for the hanger. If anybody tries it out let me know how it goes. I'll be giving it a try here in a couple of months.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey guys i finished mine up about 2 days ago and i love the look and sound, really cleaned up the bike but I feel like I'm at a little loss of power and was wondering what solutions everyone has found including PCIII which tune?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Here is an 05 R6s with a Yoshi pipe for a non S model on it

Here is an 05 R6s with a YOSHIMURA 1362272 TRC CF EXHAUST for a non S r6 installed on a S model. People say you can expand the pipe on the muffler to go over the head pipe but its not possible because the pipe has a slit cut in it from yoshimura and when you expand the pipe the slit tears. So the easiest way to make this mod work is get a small piece of 2" exhast pipe and have someone expand 1 end to 53mm i.d. and it will fit over the stock r6s header and it will fit inside the yosh muffler then go to your auto parts store and get a torch tite exhaust clamp 2" thats the brand name torch tite and install it over your exhaust aparter where you are clamping it to the header. the exahust clamp is a band type clamp that is stainless steel so its shiney and its 3" wide so it hides the adaprter you got made. I actually trimmed my header and cut off about 3/4" so the adapter went down to where the mount is on the headpipe so it was as short as possible and once i got the adapter clamped to the headpipe and the muffler into the adpater and clamped down with the band clamp yosh gives you it was solid as a rock but i still wanted the mount on the yosh muffler connected to the bike because is either clmap failed the muffler would lanch off the bike like a rocket so i got a 3' piece of aluminum flat stock 3/4" wide and made a bracket the goes from the bolt that bolts the footpeg to the footpeg mount and then put 2 bends in it and brought it back to the mount on the pipe and its rock solid everywhere. When mounting the pipe and bracket just make sure when you press the brake pedal down it doesn't hit the pipe and make sure where the pin goes through the linkage coming down from the master cylinder to the brake pedal it doesn't hit there either. i had around $9 in the clamp and $5 in the flat stock aluminum to make this mod work. Its loud because its right under your ass but its worth it in my book I have got alot of compliments on both the look and the new sound. I don't think its any louder than the 2 brother slip on i put on my wife's 07 cbr600rr just think i notice it more because its under me not behind me like her undertail. Email me at [email protected] if you need or want to see mor pics.

Attachments

301 - 311 of 311 Posts