Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 311 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
measurement and brackets

Took stock 06-07 muffler and cut off butterfly system. 2 7/8" from end, this pipe has an OD of 2"

cut complete.jpg

stock header with ID of 2" / bracket shown stock before creating bracket as seen in next picture

03 stock header.jpg

you need to use a pry bar to pry the header pipe down a bit to slide the new muffler on
used the 3/4" wide 2" clamp from my micron set up to grab the weld close to the muffler and attaches tightly to the header
1/8" x 1" aluminum bar with holes 7/8" center to center pushing the header lower so the muffler can clear the brake lever.

custom bracket and clamp.jpg

fabricated small bracket from the muffler hanger to the back of the peg. Used a thin pc of galv steel because of lack of room

peg bracket.jpg

haven't been able to take it for a ride yet - to test the sound...it's actuall snowing here now, about 29 degrees.

here a link to a sound clip

soundcheck.flv - Video - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

·
Registered
284 Posts
Looks awesome, man!! You definitely made it work. It's kinda hard to tell from the sound clip, but really how loud is it?? I know on the '06-'07's there's a collector box underneath and that kills most of the noise. But since yours has no collector box, is it too loud?? Looks fuckin' sick though. :phatyo

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
strictly_veedub said:
Looks awesome, man!! You definitely made it work. It's kinda hard to tell from the sound clip, but really how loud is it?? I know on the '06-'07's there's a collector box underneath and that kills most of the noise. But since yours has no collector box, is it too loud?? Looks fuckin' sick though. :phatyo
I have yet to ride it. It was snowing here today. 29 degrees.
Just letting it warm up and twistin it in nuetral, I don't think it's that loud. But then again I'm not go up to 11 grand. I guess what throws me is: it sounds so effin good, who cares if it's loud.

When I ride with others, that will be the test.

·
RESIDENT ASSHOLE
8,497 Posts
A for effort

? mark for why.............. I think your bike looked great and Im not a fan of the wannabee motogp style exhausts.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hybrid said:
A for effort

? mark for why.............. .
I've had the bike for 3 yrs. Have to much into it to sell it...plus she runs sweet and still looks great too. Switch it up alittle. Can't wait to see people starin at it wondering...."what year is that?"....

Next project - "swap the 03 tail with the 06-07 tail." :eek:nfloor

sorry I just get bored sometimes....

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
That looks great, man, sounds good from what I can tell too! :dblthumb I like the stock '06 exhaust look on the R6 more than any aftermarket's I've seen so far as well. So it's not all that loud you say? Be sure to let us know once you get a chance to ride...

I'd really like to get a pipe fabbed up to connect the headers to the can and get rid of all of that collector box b.s. on my '06... :D :cheers

·
Registered
267 Posts
mate top effort for sure

byt your bike looked hell sweet before and imho the pipe makes the bike look poo
no a "what year is that q"

maybe change from the stock 06 pipe to a nice chrome slash cut:p

·
Registered
284 Posts
Disco Frank said:
mate top effort for sure

byt your bike looked hell sweet before and imho the pipe makes the bike look poo

Then it would be rediculously loud since the slash cut is just a hollow piece of metal. Remember, the '03-'05 R6 has no collector box... :bitchslap

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Disco Frank said:
mate top effort for sure

yeah what strictly_veedub says - it would be way to loud. The only other would be a GYTR, if it's to loud just pack it out some more.
For now my thought is some kind of custom ceramic to match the colors of the bike. I wanna make sure this is the way I want to keep it before committing.

IMO it looks hot - I'm sure thats lots to do with it just different than what I've been staring at for 3 yrs.

Thanks for the honest opinion - like to hear what others think

·
Registered
267 Posts
ohh not realise abotu the collector box :( ohh well
i am sure a man with your obvious tallents could devise a way of softning the tone

my fz if loud period and i dont want it any other way , ( wven with the db killers installed )

·
Registered
284 Posts
Hey cafercr35,
It's too bad you didn't live closer, man. I'd have you use your skills to hook my bike up too. I love the look of the '06 exhaust on the '03-'05 :boink

·
Registered
267 Posts
just thought what about under seat aka 600rr stylz? now that would make ppl think :)

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
strictly_veedub said:
Hey cafercr35,
It's too bad you didn't live closer, man. I'd have you use your skills to hook my bike up too. I love the look of the '06 exhaust on the '03-'05 :boink
it's certainly not hard at all. pm me I can walk you through it.

1 - 20 of 311 Posts