Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't seen any posts about the final real specs of the R3 so here you go.

$4990

321cc
11.2:1 compression
42hp at 10,750rpms
3.7 gallons of fuel
368lbs wet weight

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dude, I think that is one of the best looking under 600 CC SS bikes out there.

Wow, it looks really nice.

Thanks for sharing!
Should also sit between the ninja and the rc390. Lighter and more powerful than the ninja, but a lil behind the KTM. Probably more day to day liveable though and likely less maintenance.

·
Registered
538 Posts
That blows the CBR300 and Ninja 300 away. I saw this a the MC show and at that power to weight ratio its going to be almost as fast as a CBR500. Plus it has a built in gear indicator.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts

This was one bike that shocked me. Incredibly good looking in person, and even for someone of my stature (6'3") was very comfortable to sit on for a spell. Seat height was pretty low and the static weight of it felt really nice. Solely based on appearance, comfort, and fit/finish I'd give this bike the nod compared to the Ninjette 300.

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
it dont have 42hp....the RC390 does. The R3 is more like 32hp

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
it dont have 42hp....the RC390 does. The R3 is more like 32hp
They're claiming 42ps in europe, so unless the US version gets emission slapped it should have a hair under 42hp. That's at the crank though. The RC390 is 43, also at the crank. Seems feasible though. It's got more compression and displacement than the ninja which makes 39 crank hp at about the same rpms as the Yamahas peak is claimed to be at.

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
Oh okay yeah I thought they meant at the wheel.

Yamaha posted up $35k in WERA contigency for 2015....if I had the money I'd be all over it.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Should have great resale value- think of all the newbies wanting it for the looks of a R6 but at a much lower price.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts