2004 GSXR 1000
2002 YZF R1
2003 GSXR 750
2003 ZX636
2004 RC51
and a few other make and models.

For the record.
My 2004 R1 made it to the end 1st.

Now I know this is just a straight road, but then I would have to point out the SuperStock series in the AMA:twofinger
wooohooo
It's good to be an R1 rider this year;)

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
R1's DO rule!!

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
jk750 said:
Hey silent, don't ya let your b/f win some of the time? :p

not very often. of course, he has a gix1k so it's pretty fun to ride together and f*ck off you know. but damn, i love my bike

·
Believe It or Not........
5,339 Posts
R1Fast said:
I just went down a 7 mile straight with the following bikes:
2004 YZF R1
2004 honda 1000rr
2004 GSXR 1000
2002 YZF R1
2003 GSXR 750
2003 ZX636
2004 RC51

For the record.

Now I know this is just a straight road, but then I would have to point out the SuperStock series in the AMA:twofinger
wooohooo
I bet u had a big 'ol kool aid smile on your face underneath that helmet Glen! :dblthumb

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
i don't think so....
how much did you pay the guy on the gixx to let you win....

you knew this was comeing

·
how bout dem deadskins
3,235 Posts
badgixxer said:
i don't think so....
how much did you pay the guy on the gixx to let you win....

you knew this was comeing

DUDE THATS THE PIC I WAS LOOKING FOR.. HAHAHAHAHAHAH.. GSXR 1k is a bad boy

·
Hardass!
8,085 Posts
So awesome you knew the years of the bikes....But a bubble buster, test showed the Kawa 636 had a better laptime than the R1. I did notice there wasn't a ZX10 involved in that race..or a Busa or a ZX12.....

·
Registered
99 Posts
Wow good job on digging up a 5 month old thread to note the obvious. :lol lmao

http://www.sportrider.com/bikes/146_perf_nums/
Looking at the numbers of your precious ZX12R and ZX10R along with a Busa and a R1 do you think it would even matter? Shoot on the street no less and a ton of variables that none of know about like rider weight and size (plays a big role in topspeed you know) along with what tires they are running, modifications, gearing, etc.

I'm sure someone will be there to piss all over your moments of pride in what you ride, but it doesn't mean you have to do it to others.

·
Hardass!
8,085 Posts
Hehe good job responding to it. Old or new thread, the truth is the truth....5 months, 5 days or 5 years...
No need to get all butthurt.

·
how bout dem deadskins
3,235 Posts
all new sportbikes in general are the shiat... im trying to get myself in a newer 05' maybe 04' gixxer 750.. ( im just a suzuki guy)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Got_1 said:
all new sportbikes in general are the shiat... im trying to get myself in a newer 05' maybe 04' gixxer 750.. ( im just a suzuki guy)
Had Yamaha actually made a 750 Sportbike for the street I might have purchased it instead of an R1. I have to hand it to Suzuki to still make 750s even when there is no more 750 race class. And it's obviousit was a smart decision because I see a ton of them all over the place.

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
beowulf2k said:
Supposedly the Yamaha/Kawasaki group are coming out with a revamped R7/ZX7R soon.
Can't wait.
sweet!!!! I will be one of the first in line for an R7 if they do

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
R1Fast said:
I just went down a 7 mile straight with the following bikes:
2004 YZF R1
2004 honda 1000rr
2004 GSXR 1000
2002 YZF R1
2003 GSXR 750
2003 ZX636
2004 RC51

For the record.

wooohooo
Now lets not lead these guys on i seem to remember a day down that same road with just about that same group of bikes and someone on a gixr 1000 pulled about a 20 bike gap on all of ya all by itself no draft! :neener
Damn that bike was fun to ride.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well, The Two Guys I Ride With Most Of The Time Have A 04 Gsxr1000, And The Other A 04 R6, And They Drool Over My R1 Every Time!!! The R.o.t. Rally Is In Town This Week, And Last Night At Pappasitos There Were Even About 10 Bikers All Checkin It Out When I Came Out. 05r1raven-the Only Choice In My Opinion

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
05R1RAVEN said:
Well, The Two Guys I Ride With Most Of The Time Have A 04 Gsxr1000, And The Other A 04 R6, And They Drool Over My R1 Every Time!!! The R.o.t. Rally Is In Town This Week, And Last Night At Pappasitos There Were Even About 10 Bikers All Checkin It Out When I Came Out. 05r1raven-the Only Choice In My Opinion
I agree with you hands down the R1 is the best looking bike around thats kinda hard to argue with.
If youll notice my avatar thats also the bike i choose to race, But the facts are your sexy 05 raven nor my 04 r1 would have been in front of the bike i was riding that day!
Looks are one thing but straight out Horsepower is another.
Just to kill any yamaha vs suzuki arguments, The 1000 i was on was not stock i believe it has somewhere around 180 HP at the wheel. That is what made it fun to ride. :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts