Sport Bikes banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got the front fork for an 04 R1 as well as the rear piece. I also have a full exhaust. I don't imagine I can do anything with the R1 exhaust, but I was wondering if it's possible to use the suspension from the R1? I know folks have done the R6 mod. Can I use the R1 parts on my FZ6?

Thanks, Faze X

·
Livin' on the Edge!
1,461 Posts
I haven't the foggy'st....you are on your own on this one. Since the wheels are different, the rotor spread is probably out of range and the triple clamp/fork spacing is probably out of wack too. There is also the issues of the axle and spacers so it would truly be a r&d project that would require having all the parts to try the fit, or an R1 of that year to take multiple measurements from. If you can find an R1, then measure the space from center to center of the forks and also of the rotors and then compare those to what you currently have. A little backwards math and you can at least get an idea if it's a possiblity....oh, and I forgot to mention the fork tube diameter being a little bit important.

I'm not trying to sound smartass'ish...really....I'm just giving you a direction to explore.

·
Registered
803 Posts
The fork tubes are much larger then the FZ6 factory forks. You will have no choice but to use the R1 triples which mean also fabricating or finding existing risers to attach and use with them. Oh yeah, the distance between the top and bottom triple is also very different. I've looked into this with an R1 side by side with my FZ6, it will be alot of work. Anything can be done with the right resources and enough imagination....good luck!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am wondering if it might not be easier to sell these and get R6 parts, which you guys have shown can be done. Or just sell these, and do my fork oil and call it good until I upgrade to an R6. *shrug* Not working right now, so you'd think I have time to work on this stuff... but that also means no money for parts.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Ummm. The geometry looks different from stock. How does it handle?

·
Registered
819 Posts
Arai yunhua what is the part called that is covering the radiator and top of engine. it looks phat yo... do u have any likes to a site were i can buy from... thks

·
Registered
819 Posts
bugduc said:
I think you'll have a hell of a time getting everything mated back up (fairing, etc.) unless you have the FZ6N.
Sorry to let you no but im one of the lucky ones with a niked FZ6... :)

Hoping that i can source one from asia/pacific as it should be pretty cheap...

·
Registered
819 Posts
arai_yunhua said:
pigrat it is call "air intakes conver". you can buy it from [email protected]

Thanks mate ill be lookin into it... also it that belly pan a yamaha part or a after market jobbie...

" some of us go cruisein down the man street so Bling is all we need none of this trick performance parts" :eek:nfloor LMAO...

I get where your coming from nig... :fiddy

1 - 18 of 18 Posts