Sport Bikes banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw on the news about that guy some of you were talking about that died. That happened just south of Racine too, almost to the exit of the track.

Even though he did something stupid, sucks his life had to end because of it.

You only have a split second to think, run or stop. If you stop it might suck to get the tickets, but at least you know you will have another day to ride.

Goodspeed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Fatal Chase:

(Kenosha) A high speed chase ends in death for a 20-year-old man in Kenosha. Kenosha police say at around 11 a.m. they received a call from a motorist traveling east on I-94, complaining of a group of motorcycles weaving thropugh traffic at high speeds. When the police caught up to the bikers, all but one pulled over. That man sped off down the highway, reaching speeds estimated at more than 100 miles per hour. He lost control of his cycle on an exit ramp and crashed. He died at the scene. Police say that man was wearing a helmet. The crash remains under investigation.

Stupid, stupid, stupid. This guy maid that choice to run there for he suffered the ultimate. Personally I don't feel sorry for him either way. Some may say that I'm wrong and cold, but hey to each their own.

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
cbrsteve said:
Fatal Chase:

(Kenosha) A high speed chase ends in death for a 20-year-old man in Kenosha. Kenosha police say at around 11 a.m. they received a call from a motorist traveling east on I-94, complaining of a group of motorcycles weaving thropugh traffic at high speeds. When the police caught up to the bikers, all but one pulled over. That man sped off down the highway, reaching speeds estimated at more than 100 miles per hour. He lost control of his cycle on an exit ramp and crashed. He died at the scene. Police say that man was wearing a helmet. The crash remains under investigation.

Stupid, stupid, stupid. This guy maid that choice to run there for he suffered the ultimate. Personally I don't feel sorry for him either way. Some may say that I'm wrong and cold, but hey to each their own.
I totally agree with ya. I never like to hear about anyone crashing or dying on a motorcycle, but this guy made the choice to run and now he must pay the ultimate price for his bad decision.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
my prayers and thoughts go out to his friends and family may god help them through this difficult time =(

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Stupid, stupid, stupid. This guy maid that choice to run there for he suffered the ultimate. Personally I don't feel sorry for him either way. Some may say that I'm wrong and cold, but hey to each their own.[/QUOTE]

im sorry but your right,you are wrong in the way you chose ur wording..you make it sound like he was a stupid person and should suffer the ultimate because of that.. no..people make bad decisions every day and he shouldnt of done what he had done but you're talking about a human being have some respect for the life that was lost, he was one of us ya know...
:cry may god bless you and rest in peace cory =)

·
Registered
2 Posts
you make it sound like he was a stupid person and should suffer the ultimate because of that.. no..people make bad decisions every day and he shouldnt of done what he had done but you're talking about a human being have some respect for the life that was lost, he was one of us ya know...
:cry may god bless you and rest in peace cory =)[/QUOTE]

so your saying that because he mad a bad descision (dumb, stupid, or whatever) that he should not own up to that bad decision he made. Yes people make bad choices everyday. The sad thing is though no one will learn from his mistake it will happen again. Human or not I still say a smart person would have pulled over and took the ticket at least he would still be alive. I do not consider him on of us he was just another rider. :cry

·
Registered
542 Posts
I am sorry to hear that I hate to see a biker killed. He may have made a bad decision but who hasn't???? Just hate to see he paid the ultimate price

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
so your saying that because he mad a bad descision (dumb, stupid, or whatever) that he should not own up to that bad decision he made. Yes people make bad choices everyday. The sad thing is though no one will learn from his mistake it will happen again. Human or not I still say a smart person would have pulled over and took the ticket at least he would still be alive. I do not consider him on of us he was just another rider. :cry[/QUOTE]

agreeable that is was a bad decision but he shouldnt have his life taken away from that and no i didnt say he shouldnt own up to it but hes not here so how can he :cry .. "hes just another rider" thats just really rude but what goes around comes around :dunno

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
AMEN TO THAT!! Sweets look at it in the good way :biggrinag we'll see ya when we get there :leghump

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
theres a couple of us that are going to put flowers and a memorial type thing for cory if anyone would like to take a ride with us more than welcome =) late morning early afternoon

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
Human or not I still say a smart person would have pulled over and took the ticket at least he would still be alive. :cry
so because i run most of the time - I'm stupid? Not hardly.... It's a choice just like wearing gear is a choice just like getting out of bed is a choice....

my condolences to his family and friends - RIP

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
R.I.P.

Was this a SBN member or a person someone on here knows? ..And yes he did make a bad decision, we all do now and then. Regardless, he paid the highest price, whereas he could have just gotten a verbal warning or ticket if he pulled over with the rest of his pack. I hope he was single w/ no family.

·
Registered
59 Posts
This totally sucks. I met a guy about 2 weeks ago and it was his first night on his first bike. He was doing really good and he was a nice kid about my age. He had an older katana 600. One of my other friends crashed so that ended the night early. My buddy was ok though. So i go to work today only to find out that the kid with the katana crashed running from the police a few nights back. He hit the back of another car and flew over the hood and hit another cars trailer hitch rupturing his spleen. He also smashed his head and now hes mentally retarded.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE dont run :( It's not worth the risk.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wow Shadow I didn't hear about that one.

Well hey I for one feel sorry for the guys, like one said we all do stupid stuff but, who's to say that what he did was any more stupid than what some of us have done. We all have gone over 100+ speeds at one time or another on the I. So if a car cut us off then people would be on here calling you stupid? Naa that's not right N my book.

I can't sit here and post and say it like I don't care even if it was another rider. Someone who rides is one of us we need to look out for one another.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've never ran b/c I've got terrible luck. I'd end up just like Cory.
I do have several friends who always run. They're not stupid, just over confident in their abilities. I fear for them sometimes. :(

Ride In Peace! :biggrinag

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
WaynesNside said:
Wow Shadow I didn't hear about that one.

Well hey I for one feel sorry for the guys, like one said we all do stupid stuff but, who's to say that what he did was any more stupid than what some of us have done. We all have gone over 100+ speeds at one time or another on the I. So if a car cut us off then people would be on here calling you stupid? Naa that's not right N my book.

I can't sit here and post and say it like I don't care even if it was another rider. Someone who rides is one of us we need to look out for one another.
thats exactly what i was sayin wayne..we're human we all make mistakes it just really sucks that this one was unfortunate we will miss him but we'll ride with him again :leghump

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Running from the police is STUPID, STUPID......STUPID......STUPID. So I am calling anyone who runs from the police STUPID! A BIG STUPIDHEAD! STUPID! If you run from the police and get hurt or die, you deserved it. I am very big on obeying the law, and I think anyone who runs from the law deserves whatever happens to them. I've never ran, hell I've never even been pulled over......why? BECAUSE I NEVER DID STUPID STUFF ON PUBLIC STREETS! Leave it to the track or if you are a "mad tyte #1 stunta" leave it to your stunting events. Streets are for getting from Point A to Point B, closed courses are for doing the fun/dangerous stuff.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.