Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi this is my first post.

I grew up dirt riding but bought my first street bike last month a new FZ6.

I thoroughly enjoy the bike but when I took a 4 hour round trip ride the other week my ears were ringing and my head was numb. I didn't realize street riders had to deal with the wind noise. I never heard it talked about before.

I don't get any buffeting just a loud roar. I've been doing some research and Saeng products look promising. Any suggestions on how to quiet the FZ6 to a whisper?

·
Registered
170 Posts
here is a few things to consider. what helmet are you using? see if you can borrow a friends to see if there are any that have a better seal around the visor (rember more expensive is not always quieter). are you wearing a loose jacket or baggy clothes? they can flap in the wind and be rather noisy. or you could always wear ear plugs wich is always common too. You could try diffrent windshields taller? DB?

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
earplugs work great, you might try them out and see how you like them.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Howard Leight Max earplugs. Best available, with the highest available dB attenuation of 33 NRR in a disposable foam earplug. If you know where to look, you can get them very inexpensively in boxes of 200 pair.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Eyespy said:
Howard Leight Max earplugs. Best available, with the highest available dB attenuation of 33 NRR in a disposable foam earplug. If you know where to look, you can get them very inexpensively in boxes of 200 pair.

thats the ones i use. i dont buy them though. luckily for me the companies i work for always has them around. so i just usually grab a handfull everytime i need some.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Eyespy said:
Been using these for the past 13 years. Wouldn't have any hearing left unless I used them on every ride.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts