Sport Bikes banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok theres a girl i met, bought her ex a 2006 zx6r, he broke the engine (ran w/o oil??) they broke up. now she is trying to get rid of the bike, i could use another project bike b/c i just finished my cbr... what do you think i should offer her for the zx6??

cliff notes: whats the value of a zx6r (2006) with broke engine?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
couldnt i also put and 05 engine it? with some work i bet i could even put an 03-04 636 in it.

also, its not like im trying to completely low ball her, ok yes i am, i was thinking of offering like 2k and maybe working up to like 3k is that too much??

·
Blue Wheels
497 Posts
i wouldn't consider giving 3K for a bike with a destroyed engine. 2k would be alright and you could probably make that back parting it out, but 3k is a stretch.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so should i start my seductive offerings at say 1.5?

also i think this would be a nice bike to have, i want a new sportbike (as opposed to my fiberglass chopped up bodied 99 f4) so i am buying it with the intention of owning

·
Registered
54 Posts
2k and a few extras that she could easily offer :banana j/k Broken engine, I guess the question is how bad the engine is, as some engines if run without oil can be rebuilt but I guess it depends on how bad it seized up and how bad the internals got messed up. $3k may be pushing it, $2k sounds reasonable, so maybe make your cutoff $2500???

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hmmm im gonna speak with her 2night, she said it starts but the engine is ruined, she has it at a dealer right now, she claims 2000 to fix it. im a mechanic so ill tell her i can get a brand new kawasaki engine for 1800 but the price to install it will be considerate (my time is expensive because im big pimpin) then after i give her the figures ill tell her i have 1500 cash and work my way up, does that sound good?

·
Registered
54 Posts
HardKnox said:
hmmm im gonna speak with her 2night, she said it starts but the engine is ruined, she has it at a dealer right now, she claims 2000 to fix it. im a mechanic so ill tell her i can get a brand new kawasaki engine for 1800 but the price to install it will be considerate (my time is expensive because im big pimpin) then after i give her the figures ill tell her i have 1500 cash and work my way up, does that sound good?
Sounds like it would work, always worth a shot.

·
Banned
4,616 Posts
I've found a few 06 zx6r's for $9k (which is high for a used bike). Cheapest I've found is $6800 w/ 1300 miles.

If the cost to repair is $2k then I'd say around $4k is reasonable for this bike (of course we don't know anything else about it like - mileage, maint. etc.).

So if you offer $2k-3k and she accepts I think you're getting a very good deal.

·
RESIDENT ASSHOLE
8,497 Posts
If the bike is in perfect condition...........3G's

If its rough

1500 with title (non salvage) in hand

1 - 14 of 14 Posts