Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I almost always wear my armoured riding jacket,jeans,padded undershorts;and longer rides knee pads. Once in a great while I will wear only my helmet,jeans and T-shirt if I am just running to the store or a workout, ya know a 2-5 mile trip. My question is what do others on here wear for these quick trips? I have never ridden in shorts and feel naked without at least gloves,jacket and ALWAYS helmet.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Falling off a mile from home or a hundred miles from home hurts the same. I've had far more near misses close to home (but the only fall was well away from home). So I wear the same duds - helmet, gloves, armored jacket, boots, and (my one stupidity) jeans. Always.

jZ

·
On The Job
1,739 Posts
I wear my vanson perforated shirt, boots, jeans, gloves, and helmet no matter how far I go. I read somwhere that most accidents happen within one mile of the home.

·
TD Survivor
944 Posts
i always wear my gear. helmet, gloves, jeans, jacket, alpine stunt shoes( dont have riding boots yet), whether its around the block for beer or a trip to the twisties. would wear my one piece for the knee sliders but wory about passing out in the 115 degree heat.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
jcaesar said:
The only thing I really do different for my quick rides is wear my Joe Rocket Phoenix Shoes versus my boots. They are a lot easier to toss on than the boots.
How do you like those?

·
Registered
2 Posts
As much trouble as it is, I mount up loaded for bear. Helmet, leather jacket, joe rocket's atomic jeans (they have padding in the knees and hips), gloves and boots.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I'd heard twenty-five miles, but the idea remains the same: your own neighborhood is where you will most likely have an accident.

I have a pair of Joe Rocket gloves that are about 1/2 mesh with carbon knuckles. At anything more than 20 miles, my hands start to tingle, so I save them for tooling around town. If it's over 90, I'll wear jeans and a Cortech mesh jacket, but only if it's well away from rush hour.

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
Jacket, helmet, gloves and at least an 8 inch boot at all times. Oh, and my .45 cal....LOL

·
Registered
9 Posts
The only thing I ALWAYS wear is my lid. But for short trips, or just trips were I don't wanna be burnin up (as much as you can here in alaska), I will wear shorts and t-shirt, sneakers ALWAYS a helmet. I just feels really good to ride like this

·
Registered
354 Posts
I ALWAYS wear full gear.

If one thinks they are so good a rider that one will never fall off?

"THINK THIS"

Some other bastards so bad they will knock you off.

- Wear you gear, thats why you paid for it.
Get a vented jacket and pants for summer or winter stuff with removable liners.

Stay safe and ride forever :)

·
WYPIWYG
497 Posts
I am not up too much on the gear but I will ALWAYS wear my helmet and jeans. I would like to get some nice gloves and a jacket. I need some gear!!

What other states out there have an optional helmet law? Is it pretty common? How many guys do you see without them? I think it is ridiculous to ride without a helmet. I can understand that it is a completely different feeling and you can get the sensation of the wind whipping through your hair. The only thing I think of is the pavement ripping through my face!!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Jeans and t-shirt mostly, few times i wear shorts and t-shirt. Good rides i wear my Hein Gerrick Yamaha leather jacket, Joe rocket gloves, and jeans.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Those of you who wear t-shirts might want to consider http://www.dragginjeans.ca/prod_kshirt_intro.html. I've seen them worn, and they look comfortable and airy. There's no way a kevlar t-shirt could prevent broken bones, but it'd save you some road rash.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Fazer6PA said:
I am not up too much on the gear but I will ALWAYS wear my helmet and jeans. I would like to get some nice gloves and a jacket. I need some gear!!

What other states out there have an optional helmet law? Is it pretty common? How many guys do you see without them? I think it is ridiculous to ride without a helmet. I can understand that it is a completely different feeling and you can get the sensation of the wind whipping through your hair. The only thing I think of is the pavement ripping through my face!!
Idaho does not have a helmet law. I see a lot of SQUID's every day with no helmets and shorts and t-shirts on sportbikes. About 90% of the Harley guys go helmetless. I just purchased a Fieldsheer Mach 3 mesh jacket. It is great!
Jacket, Helmet, boots, and gloves every time.

·
Registered
336 Posts
even going to the store i wear helmet, gloves, jeans, and boots. top is optional. my fieldsheer jacket has many miles on it, but sometimes only a sweatshirt...or t-shirt.

no tennies, bare hands or head for me.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I'll occasionally wear no gear when riding around my block after working on the bike. Otherwise, it's full gear (including overpants) all the time.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts