Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi for anyone who has used this method http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm or similar to break-in maybe you can answer this for me.

I have hit a bit over 6k rpms a few times and my bike it now at 78 km
is it to late for the engine to get a good seal?

And how much of a difference are we talking about in the life of the engine if its not done this way. I know I have got the rpms over 6k a few times but not many I was thinking I should give it a few boots today to get a good seal.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have always used the manufactures reccomendations for breakin.i have broken in a lot of bikes.I have also put many miles on said bikes without problems.Don't lug the engine,put a load on the engine to seat stuff,remember you are wearing in parts to mate together that have to last the life of the engine,if you exceed the rpms by a small fraction once in a while its not gonna blow it up,beating the pi$$ out of it gets you no where.Follow the book, if alternate methoids were so good why haven't all the engine makers adopted these .

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
+1....................

·
Banned
730 Posts
Take it out today and run it normally for most of the ride and take it to 3/4 redline a few times as well. Then come home and change out the oil and filter is what I'd do. People that don't believe in Motoman's method don't understand metallurgy and how it's changed since break-in proceedures were thought up. It really is the best way to seat everything properly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts