Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
quick question (semi-urgent,handle bars)

Is anyone near their FZ6 right now? I have been playing with different risers/ angles and forget if the little arrows on the stock handlebar brackets face up or down. :rolleyes

Anyone know?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
If you are looking to lower your bars, the Coerce hyper bars are excellent. Compared to the LSL street bar, they are 15 mm lower rise and about 10mm more pull back. So you'll be lower but not as much forward as the LSL. The LSL Steet bar is a 45mm rise with a 90 pullback and a length of 810mm (you'll have to cut them). The Coerce Hyper bar is 30mm rise with a 100mm pullback and a length of 680mm (no cutting required). You'll also have to get new bar ends as the stock do not fit.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CerebralAssassin said:
If you are looking to lower your bars, the Coerce hyper bars are excellent. Compared to the LSL street bar, they are 15 mm lower rise and about 10mm more pull back. So you'll be lower but not as much forward as the LSL. The LSL Steet bar is a 45mm rise with a 90 pullback and a length of 810mm (you'll have to cut them). The Coerce Hyper bar is 30mm rise with a 100mm pullback and a length of 680mm (no cutting required). You'll also have to get new bar ends as the stock do not fit.
Thanks for the tip. I tried the GenMar risers that go up and back and found that they almost completely remove the sportbike feel. Thats OK for those who want to give the Fizzer into a dual-sport-like seating position, but not for me. Handlebars, angles, grips etc. rank up there with wind protection in terms of getting my motorcycle OCD going.

·
Registered
111 Posts
No prob--The Coerce have about a 1/4 inch clearance from electrical control to tank and a good inch clearance from side mirror to clutch/brake levers. Any lower, (getting drag bars with 0mm rise) and you'll be hitting your tank. Any less pullback than 90mm and you run the risk of your levers hitting the side mirrors. For a true sport feel, either one is great. IMO, I like the Coerce because they are lower. If you decide to go the the LSL street bar, I would suggest cutting off no more than 2 1/4 inches. I cut 2 1/2 off mine and the right brake lever was sitting on the bend in the bar so it was hard to find optimal placement for it. Also, since you'll need new bar ends, LSL has some nice bar end sliders. I'm trying to find a way to add some extra weight to the end of my bars to help with the vibration, so keep that in mind with bar ends and the LSL bar end sliders are a lot less lighter than stock.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts