Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Im pretty sure they are, Ive seen em used with jet skis and shit.. so I would assume they are. But maybe it depends on the model you get. I know that there ARE waterproof ones, just have to check i guess.

·
Registered
343 Posts
http://www.ema-usa.com/misc/misc_chatterbox.shtml
"The GMRS X1 is Chatter Box's most powerful communicator and has a host of sophisticated features which include: a large illuminated LCD display with 15 channels and 38 talk groups. The unit is VOX/voice activated or PTT/push to talk with a full duplex intercom. The GMRS-X1 also features a cellular phone input* and an audio input with full stereo sound. The GMRS-X1 is powered by a built in rechargeable NI-MH battery allowing up to 5 miles range , all this in a tough water resistant casing.
*check for applications"

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have the Chatter Box X2 and I believe its water proof but on the side note let me tell you that those things suck so if I were you I wouldnt waste your money. I'v had mine for over a year now and after the first month or two I stopped using it and now it just sits hooked up to my spare helmet.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Marek88 said:
I have the Chatter Box X2 and I believe its water proof but on the side note let me tell you that those things suck so if I were you I wouldnt waste your money. I'v had mine for over a year now and after the first month or two I stopped using it and now it just sits hooked up to my spare helmet.
Water resistant is not water proof. If you ride in a downpour it will stop working, but when it dries it's fine. I LOVE mine! Great for group rides and listening to my MP3 player. You have to yell over 70mph, but what do you expect?

If you don't like yours you can send it to me. Just PM me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts