Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I am looking at a few bikes and had some questions as usual :D

Researching:
1) Is there a difference in the 2001 Ninja 500 R and the 2004 EX 500? If so, what major differences?

2) What was/is the New Bike Price of both of these with taxes?

Procedure:
3) I might buy a bike out of state so I want to know, what special procedures I have to go thru? Plates? Taxes? etc.?

Transportation:
4) And oh yeah, I would like to install a hitch on my car, can I hide the hitch or atleast somehow make it not seen when I am not using it?

Thanks
Ashwin

·
Registered
750 Posts
Welcome to SBN! MSRP On the new 500R is $4,899, plus whatever your state charges for taxes. No I don't believe there are any chagnes at all from the 91 and '05... they haven't changed the baby ninjas in as long as I can remember. I'd figure a 91 model can be had for about 1500, im guessing, in GREAT shape. Out of state purchase... hmm, not sure on this one, I would assume just pay the man, get the title, pay appropriate taxes, register the bike in your state, insure it, and you're all set. As far as a hitch, you can get a hitch that has the removable ball end so you can take that out and only see the square 2" hole from the back of your car. Good luck!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I got a hitch on my ford focus, it is a reciever type which you take out when not in use. It is a low profile reese, the reciever is like 1" tall and 2" wide, and hides nicely under my bumper. I hide the wires tucked under the bumper when not in use, if you did not know it was there, you would never notice it. I think it cost like $120, my car has no problem hauling trailers with it, I even have a small pop up camper that I tow with it, in and out of canyons, no problem. I have actually seen people make a reciever that holds the front wheel of your bike and you just take the chain/belt off your bike, and pull it like a trailer. This would save you the cost of the trailer. I would deffinatly look for the low profile hitch if I was you, just check your weight limits before you pull something with it.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Let me check tomorrow, I might have a line on a good used 1990 model for ya, and it's close by(WI).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts