Sport Bikes banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New guy here so hello to all.

I bought a 94 GS500 some short time back. I havent ridden it yet because right after i bought it i broke my hand :(

So that gives me some time to clean it and update/upgrade and replace a few things.

What are the weights on the end if the bars for? Are they needed?

I also want a add an oil cooler to it. From the fiche, it looks like all that is needed are the lines, cooler and the oil pan. Is that right?

I also have bought all the fairings, headlight and shield from an 07 and plan on putting them on. I know some custom welding or tapping custom brackets to the frame is needed and thats not an issue. In the headlight, what is the smaller lower bulb for?

Im already looking at replacement Katana rims so I can put on 120/160 tires.

Eventually im going to strip it down to the frame and blast everything and powder coat it. I dont have any major rust but i want to change the colors and with the new fairings and add ons, I need everything to match.

Also looking at putting a mini morimoto HID projector in the headlight and adding some fairing and ground LEDs.

Ive got my own shop and tools, blasting cabinets, parts washers, welders and my own powder coating booth so im used to doing restorations and custom works. Eventually i might stretch and lower it but what are the pro/cons of lowering it?

If anyone can answer those few questions though i would appreciate it.

·
Registered
15,272 Posts
bar end weights - help calm vibrations

I'd advise against the oil cooler. Bikes need to run at a certain temp to run right, and you are circumventing what was engineered. Unless you have some specific, pressing reason why you need one....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts