Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know this should probably go in the noob section i just figured here it would get more responses

http://adcache.cycletrader.com/5/1/2/73624012.htm

i have about 1,200 to spend and havent seemed to find what i really want which is a ex 500 or a gs 500

any info on that perticular bike would be nice as i have never read anythign about them. i assume they would be more expensive to fix then a ex or gs since it seems it is a less previlent bike but anyways let m know what you experienced riders know thanks!

·
Registered
318 Posts
It isn't a bad bike, but some of the older ones had problems with weak cam lobes, needing short intervals between adjustments and eventual replacement of the camshaft. I think that was for the 84 model year, though. Do a search on the web, you will find a lot more info than what will be on here.

·
Super Moderator
18,633 Posts
500dreams said:
thanks so much but im to slow i guess called today and bike is sold back to the drawing boards
Don't sweat it...You will have plenty of choices become available to you...Just keep those eyes open :dblthumb

·
Registered
394 Posts
Agreed... keep saving your money. You could get a nice used Suzuki GS500 for a little over $2,000. Great little bike to start on!

Tom

1 - 8 of 8 Posts