Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what all can you tell me on say a 1991-1993 GSXR1100? there are a couple around here for sale and just thought i would see if any of you and any suggestions etc... also any pictures of this bike would be cool too thanks... what is a bike and size that they can be compared to now...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh by the way the 91 has 28,800 miles on it with new plastics listed for $4k and the 93 has 14k and is listed for $3k... i thought i would get some thoughts and what not from you guys before i take a look at the bikes

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
$4k is too much, way too much.

·
Registered
23 Posts
the 91 will be oil cooled only! the 93 will be watercooled, the first year that suzi made the waterboiler 1100 for the US. watercooled bike is heavy try comparing the weight of it to a modern day cruiser of around 500lbs. great bike for streamlining on the highway, but not so good for tight turns(racing style) Big powerfull motors In 95 they changed the motor a bit to get more power they lasted up until 98. Then the busas took over the 91 is a good candidate for blower purposes for drag racing the 93 can have a blower to. these bikes can be bought and modified on a low budget and still spank most stock busas but take extreme modifying to play king of the hill. Oh yeah these bikes usually start out around $3000k for nice ones. hope this helps

·
Registered
583 Posts
moodybo said:
the 91 will be oil cooled only! the 93 will be watercooled, the first year that suzi made the waterboiler 1100 for the US. watercooled bike is heavy try comparing the weight of it to a modern day cruiser of around 500lbs. great bike for streamlining on the highway, but not so good for tight turns(racing style) Big powerfull motors In 95 they changed the motor a bit to get more power they lasted up until 98. Then the busas took over the 91 is a good candidate for blower purposes for drag racing the 93 can have a blower to. these bikes can be bought and modified on a low budget and still spank most stock busas but take extreme modifying to play king of the hill. Oh yeah these bikes usually start out around $3000k for nice ones. hope this helps
Basically it's a slow pig to today's standard!!!!
Most today's 6's & probably all 750's could keep up with them in the 1/4 and out run on the top.
I had a 93 it was bad in its day! I'll try to find some pic's. I know there here some where.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts