Sport Bikes banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Two-stroke addict
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I know there are several LEOs on here, and since you ride Sport Bikes chances are you don't always totally obey the speed limit and like the twisties, so my question to you is, do you think, while on duty if it was you in the in car would you try to turn around and go after this guy? Now, I'm just assuming (there's that word again) the rider is well above the limit here, but I don't know the origin of this picture, the rider, or the background or road he's on.

Attachments

·
Registered
868 Posts
That pic is a repost, and I think the general consensus was that cop car was photoshoped in there.

Now I'm not a LEO, but from what I've read from these guy I'd have to say ALL of them put safety before "fun factor" so IMO they would all pull the guy over

·
Banned
2,381 Posts
well technically he IS over the yellow line and can be pulled over.......would I pull him over? no unless it was pretty damn obvious that he was well over the speed limit

·
www.fixedfocus.us
2,145 Posts
That is actually a prety bad or a very quick photochop...But a good reference to the OP's question....My question is, how quickly and safely could the cop turn around...without being broadsided...

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
well its almost obvious he's going faster than the speed limit.......that turn is more of a sweep than a pinhair

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
It sort of depends on several things. Where am I going and why, what is the traffic like on the road, what does the rest of the road look like, what violations are there, how serious those violations are in comparison to safety and what are my chances of actually catching him? Chances are that it would create more of a hazard for me to turn around and handle those curves trying to catch a rider. Now that said I would probably turn around (when safe) travel back down the road (at safe speeds) just to make sure the rider didn't wipe out because he lost control worring about MY actions.

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
kneedraggin650s said:
It sort of depends on several things. Where am I going and why, what is the traffic like on the road, what does the rest of the road look like, what violations are there, how serious those violations are in comparison to safety and what are my chances of actually catching him? Chances are that it would create more of a hazard for me to turn around and handle those curves trying to catch a rider. Now that said I would probably turn around (when safe) travel back down the road (at safe speeds) just to make sure the rider didn't wipe out because he lost control worring about MY actions.

What he said ^^^^+1!

Primary thing would be safety of all involved or could be involved.

·
Two-stroke addict
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
auh said:
That pic is a repost, and I think the general consensus was that cop car was photoshoped in there.

Now I'm not a LEO, but from what I've read from these guy I'd have to say ALL of them put safety before "fun factor" so IMO they would all pull the guy over
I'd say you're right on both counts, judging from our LEO responses below.
You know, I thought the angle of the car didn't seem real good when I first saw it...you'd think you might see a bit of the right side of the car if he was driving correctly, but somehow I didn't make the connection it might be photo shopped. I hadn't seen this one before.

Speaking of you folks with blue lights, I didn't see any of your cohorts on one of my favorite roads here yesterday. It was unseasonably warm & dry--Sunny & 62F (!!) so we went to near Cougar & back, little 80 mile R/T through the south spur SR503 twisties, Kevin on the RZ350 2-smoke and I on Z1000. Very little gravel left, some wet roads which felt dry with those fabulous Diablos, it felt like a nice spring day in April. I wonder where all the police were, because there were TONS of bikes out!

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Quicklimegirl said:
I'd say you're right on both counts, judging from our LEO responses below.
You know, I thought the angle of the car didn't seem real good when I first saw it...you'd think you might see a bit of the right side of the car if he was driving correctly, but somehow I didn't make the connection it might be photo shopped. I hadn't seen this one before.

Speaking of you folks with blue lights, I didn't see any of your cohorts on one of my favorite roads here yesterday. It was unseasonably warm & dry--Sunny & 62F (!!) so we went to near Cougar & back, little 80 mile R/T through the south spur SR503 twisties, Kevin on the RZ350 2-smoke and I on Z1000. Very little gravel left, some wet roads which felt dry with those fabulous Diablos, it felt like a nice spring day in April. I wonder where all the police were, because there were TONS of bikes out!
I used to live and work in WA state, so I gave WSP a call and asked them to leave ya'll alone. :D Guess it worked! :beer

·
Registered
37 Posts
Being a LEO, in texas, we dont have a lot of twisties, but I do get the wheelie rider or high speed blast from time to time, I usualy dont go after them, because they usualy run, and I usualy dont have a chance in catching them. I have had a guy riding a wheelie and set it down and turn into the bike shop I was parked at, only to see me and a friend talking. The look on his face was priceless when he saw me sitting in my patrol car. I just held up my hand and shook my finger at him, like " dont do that!!". He smiled, and said sorry. I dont jack with riders, unless I absolutley have too. I guess it's cause I ride wheelies every time I'm on my bike etc..

·
Registered
868 Posts
Redd said:
A good cop would do this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8XG1etvk24

:)

Yeah, that was posted awhile back... people came to the conclusion of it being manipulated. Which becomes fairly obvious this time around (didn't notice it the first time).
That vid is a repost too, but the last time it was posted you got to see more of what the bikers did to the cop

·
Canyon Assault Vehicle
1,299 Posts
kneedraggin650s said:
Yep....he nailed it. Exactly what I would have said.

What are the chances of me being able to catch that guy in my Crown Vic? Slim to none. Is he really breaking the law? Not in my book. Is he riding dangerously? Looks pretty in-control to me. DO I have better shit to do than pick on the local bike crew? Absolutely.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts