Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just out of curiosity...why do you read/post in the WI forum?

I have been noticing a LOT of posts from non WI people and I thought it was interesting...usually people typecast WI people as cow tipping fat people, so I wondered what draws you to our forums. I mean, I always giggle when I open the midwest forum, and every other state is empty, but WI always has like 13 people viewing - even in february when we are stuck here with 3' of snow and other states have year-round riding to chat about.

Anywho...thats all....

cj

·
50cc's of Honda power!
793 Posts
i like when non-wi members come to "our" forum and talk negative. i always think to myself, if you have nothing good to say to us then GTF out.

·
Registered
266 Posts
davisa said:
i like when non-wi members come to "our" forum and talk negative. i always think to myself, if you have nothing good to say to us then GTF out.
word, damn shit talkers! they all need a :bitchslap

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I think its because on the home page it has a "recent posts" and they can see when someone in wisconsin posts and if they find the subject interesting they read and then ultimately post....the people that post negatively are usually the ones with ultra high post counts because they spend more time here then riding.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not so much concerned with flamers. Those people are just crabby and out to do one thing; post shit. There are always really good comments from people from all over, so I was just curious what drew them here.

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
I occasionaly post in other forums, only if the topic is good. I always view the "new post" when i'm searching on here (one reason i found this post) Usually I won't because alot of it has to do with local bike activitys, etc. If it's a general bike issue I will post. I think it just encourages further discussion. I think most people automatcially believe if they are not from that area they can't post in that forum. Sometimes it's good to get perspectives from other parts of the country. I think WI and Fl are the two biggest state forums out there.

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
I can tell you why with two simple words, Leg Humpers.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Though I live in IL, WI is still home, and thats why I am always in WI. That and you have more posts for bikes for sale as I will be looking.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Rascus said:
I occasionaly post in other forums, only if the topic is good. I always view the "new post" when i'm searching on here (one reason i found this post) Usually I won't because alot of it has to do with local bike activitys, etc. If it's a general bike issue I will post. I think it just encourages further discussion. I think most people automatcially believe if they are not from that area they can't post in that forum. Sometimes it's good to get perspectives from other parts of the country. I think WI and Fl are the two biggest state forums out there.
Yep,what he said.In fact I think I answered this same "?" in this same forum a few years back.

·
No Whammy No Whammy STOP!
1,752 Posts
the canuck said:
Though I live in IL, WI is still home, and thats why I am always in WI. That and you have more posts for bikes for sale as I will be looking.
Get outta here you FIB!!!

Oh wait, Im going to be one next month.

BTW, everyone, the canuck is my old roomate, and I will be living with him again starting next month when I move to Illinois. But dont worry, Ill still post in here, and try to make it to the occational weekend ride, and maybe a TWT if Im up for the hour trip.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I lurk here because its the former home of my new ride (I took VTEC_EATER's FZR600 off his hands so he could get the new Ninja), and its much more active than the (totally dead) TN forum.

No negative posting here.

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
i come and check it cause i have friends in WI that are on here - i'm even on SpeedWi.com :neener

·
Registered
319 Posts
I would imagine its because we have a super active community here.

Oh, and the abundance of ladies might have a little to do with it for some people :neener

·
Banned
558 Posts
the canuck said:

DITTO :cheers

·
That's factory, yo!
3,666 Posts
sexNstillettos said:
usually people typecast WI people as cow tipping fat people
Wisconsin is actually has the third most registered motorcycles in the US - behind California and Florida...

Somehow, however, I have a feeling that's not because of SPORTbikes - but whatever tha case - this state seems to be a haven for motorcycles.

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
i like to "see" other parts of the county <shrug> you guys are interesting to a plain old boring Kansas girl

1 - 20 of 33 Posts