Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone on here actually sold a bike off ebay?if so did you get the $$ you wanted for it?
I ask because i have a 1996 gsxr 750 and want to get a 929 or 954 or some sorta liter bike with fuel injection,so i gotta sell mine.any way if you have sold off of ebay please post up let me know if its worth it or should i sell local.thanx lata!

·
Ride Naked
3,324 Posts
I do a lot of buying and some selling on E-Bay. I've never tried selling a bike, but I did attempt to sell two cars. Neither one sold from the E-Bay auctions. However, the second one sold because of the exposure that it got on E-Bay. I would certainly give it a try. It costs $40 to list and another $40 if it sells. $40 isn't much risk for advertising. Make sure you add a clause that it is for sale locally and therefore you can pull it at any time if your reserve is not yet met.
Good luck!

·
Lowlife
7,019 Posts
I sold a bike last year on e-bay and actually got more than I was expecting :cheers . Everyone who calls on the bike I have for sale right now asks for pictures...as you know e-bay allows lots of pics , and I think that helps.

·
From back in da' day
2,777 Posts
I have sold a Van, 3 bikes, a boat, a HUGE ass 4x4 golf cart, several engines, among other things...yea i allways get what i want for them or i pull the auction

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
I live in what most would consider rural, so I wouldn't try to do it again. The bidder stiffed me and it cost me $30. I think if you live in a more metropolitan area, then go for it, bikes always sell for way high on ebay. Just make sure you are in contact with the high bidder(s) to make sure they are willing to follow through.

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
I sold a boat on there once and got more than I asked for it. You can add a feature on the listing where potential buyers must email/contact you to be approved before they bid on the auction.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I am a avid e-bay er. My suggestion is both. Put your bike on ebay. You will have an option to set a min. price before you will sell it. Nobody will see the set price and it will just say reserve not yet met. If someone does bid enough till you would sell it for that price you can. If you sell it local in the meantime, you will not be committed to selling it unless your reserve is met. I think you would be pretty safe if you put a $20,000 reserve on it. Gives you the choice to sell or not.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts