Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I live in Tucson Arizona. I was out riding with some friends last night and we were going down River road. We are riding and out of nowhere I see this blinding flash, almost made me swerve. I can say I was pissed. There were no visible signs and we were going about 64 miles per hour. I thought it was 50-55 mph, but i think i was wrong and its like 40.

Im curious what exactly I should be expecting. Do the cameras picture bikes? Im not sure and couldnt find any info on google, but is the contract with the camera companies out? What can legally be done to fight it?

They obviously cant tell who is riding (helmet, jacket, and gloves). All it is is a picture of my motorcycle, could be a faulty camera after all with the number. If it comes in the mail, i dont have to pay it do i? doesnt it have to be served to me via an officer?

If worse comes to worse, ill just take a driving class... dammit...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Arizona is one of the first states to implement "speed cameras." That is, if you go 10 miles or over the speed limit, it takes a violation photo. The photo gets reviewed and if it meets the criteria, you'll get a speeding ticket in the mail- based on the address where your vehicle (in this case your bike) is registered to...

Hope that shit law doesn't get passed in Cali, or there will havoc. Speed cameras suck. My co-worker got a speeding ticket that way on her rental car when we were in AZ on assignment. Enterprise then added the speeding ticket on to her rental bill few weeks later.

When I first visited AZ and was driving around in my rental, I was like, "holy crap ppl here drive like senior citizens!" They were either all driving the speed limit or 5 below the speed limit. I was passing everyone like mad. THEN, my co-worker reminded me about the speed cameras they have EVERYWHERE.

No wonder everyone in AZ drives like they are 90 years old... :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts