Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got myself a ninja yesterday and was riding all day and think something might be wrong in the forks.. When I hit bumps or something it kinda feels like there is some resistance somewhere in the forks, but they work perfectly fine, it just kinda feels like something is rubbing together but you can't feel it if you just compress the forks while sitting there.. The bike is an 06 zx10 with 5k miles and is in perfect shape, but the guy before me did put a stiffer shock and fork springs on. Thanks for any info I might get..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Maybe the forks need to be serviced. If you think it's something external it should be really easy to see, just have a look. Otherwise play with the suspension settings and if it's still there get them serviced

·
Registered
495 Posts
Why not take it to a shop for fesh fork seals and oil?

A little peace of mind, not much money. Then you won't have to think about that for a while.

·
Hardass!
8,085 Posts
Suspension on ANYTHING used should be one of the first things maintained and adjusted. Whether its a Car, Truck, Motorcycle or etc.

·
the joke is in your hand
8,594 Posts
Aftermarket springs in the forks often need special spacers or the stock units modified. It's possible the guy didn't do this and they're too long

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replys.. But I think I was wrong, now I'm petty sure its a vibration in the ram air setup.. It only does it if I'm not the has, not if I'm coasting with the clutch in

1 - 7 of 7 Posts