Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be getting a bike within the week and the one for the best price I'm looking to afford is the Suzuki Katana 600..Now are the 2000 and up all fuel injected? And for all the people who have or have had this bike would the Katana be a good or great bike for a 1st...(going to the class and have had some experience on a CBR600F4i so I'm all set on those portions) But if I could get some pointers that'd be cool Thanks
:popcorn :banana :popcorn

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
Nope, they are carbed. Basically the 98-05 Katanas are exactly the same as the older ones, but with a new body. Engine and frame are almost the same (the old engine was better, it was in fact the 750 engine with liners inserted to choke it down to 600cc, the new one is a direct bore).

Why don't you get a 98 Katana? After all, it is the same bike, just swap the tail of a new one and, other than the color, it will look like a new one. And if you can get a 98 at a better price because of old paint, you can even get a new paint!!!

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
By the way, I just got a 750 Katana today. I don't think the power can get you in trouble. In fact, the bike was extremely friendly, not what I expected at all!

I've already redlined it, and while it was powerfull, it was friendly and under control all the time.

Many people complain about it being a heavy bike, but a new Katana weights 200kg, while a R1 weights 180kg. Even a FZ6, with the aluminum frame, weights the same as the Katana.
Don't think the weight is a problem.

(I did noticed the weight and scared me, but take into consideration that the bike I ride daily weights 100kg)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Change of heart

thanks for the info I actually went out and looked at a couple of bikes and had a change of heart on what I'm looking into now....i like the specs on the Honda CBR600F4i seems more fit aerodynamically, I looked at a Katana and sat on it and it was pretty nice but I thought the CBR600 had more going to it..still looking though but the Katana was the first interest :beer

·
Crash test dummy
138 Posts
Well for what its worth they hold up pretty well when u highside them. :lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts