Sport Bikes banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Super Nibber
496 Posts
I use water-wetter also ~70/30 mix, and it seems to run about 10 degrees cooler. Sounds as though Skippy is running straight water though, which will get better cooling but provides no freezing protection. Also, being hot as freshly crapped poo poo here I have thought about straight wiring the fan to come on when the ignition comes on. What I really wish is there were some way to adjust the thermostat to switch on before it gets THAT hot. To appease my laziness I usually just leave the ignition on for a few minutes (not motor) after a ride which allows the fan to come on when it hits four bars.

Anyway, from the temperature thread a while back it sounded as though the temp guage was measuring air intake temperature and not coolant temperature? That dosent sound like very useful information if your engine is potentially overheating?

· Super Nibber
496 Posts
fraggle1 said:
I won't tell anyone about the blower... Now that I think about it, though, the fan blowing air over the engine (even hot air) might provide a little bit of cooling. So it may actually be doing something.
...I knew you would come around eventually.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.