Sport Bikes banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Superbike fan
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my '02 ZX6R to the dragstrip for the first time on Friday.

The best time I got was 11.454 @ 123.21.

That's with 2.001 60 foot time. Gotta work on the launch. There's at least 2 or 3 tenth's there.

Any advice on getting a good launch?

What times have you run on your bike?

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Ran 11.878 @ 122.72 on my 600RR your R/T really doesn't matter if your running for times, cause your time doesn't start until you cross the line.

R/T is the time the light turns green to the time you hit the line, then your actually time starts.

Advice for getting off the line, lean hard on the tank, I soften my rear suspension so the spring absorbs some of the launch allowed me 1500 rpm more in the take off.
Get straps if you can strap the front down help a lot in the first 60, keeps the front end down.

Also check out racers corner here on the boards they have some good advice there.

·
Registered
905 Posts
evils-03-RR said:
Ran 11.878 @ 122.72 on my 600RR your R/T really doesn't matter if your running for times, cause your time doesn't start until you cross the line.

R/T is the time the light turns green to the time you hit the line, then your actually time starts.

he didnt mention his reaction time. he was talking about his 60 foot time. reaction time has no effect on ET, while the 60 foot time has a huge effect. generally, 5 hundredths off the 60 foot equals a tenth on the big end.

·
Registered
394 Posts
10.5 on a STOCK R1??? Wow.. that's impressive. Exactly why my next bike will be the current FZR1000... the R1. What a beautiful and kick ass bike!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
9.95 at 146 mph in 100 degree Florida heat on a stock (lowered) 02 GSXR-1000. I was in the mid 1.6's 60 ft. All I can say is practice makes perfect. I have picked up a full second in the first 1/8 mile alone from when I first started four trips ago.

·
Registered
77 Posts
go check out the drag race section.
heres mine
03 gsxr 1000 -1 tooth front, and slip-on pipe strapped front, lowered 3" in rear

60'= 1.546
1/8= 6.457 @113.34
1/4=9.939 @ 140.18

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
Gonna get a little more seat time on my ZX9R. Then take her up to the track one day next week before the track closes for the winter. I have yet to go to the track with a bike, period.

·
Superbike fan
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cool everybody. I was looking at those magazine times and wondering why I was so far off. Looks like most of us are about 1/2 second or so slower then those "pros."

There was a guy on an R1 there and I was going faster than him, he couldn't launch the thing at all.

Now I want to go back and go quicker.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
yeh launching was the hardest part for me. i nursed it bad, but next time im gonna flog it. im expecting 10.5 next time..ill keep you guys posted. im also gonna ride a stand up down the 1/4 next time i go, so ill try to get video. :D

·
Registered
886 Posts
Last year I got a 12.0 @ 110mph on the katana. Haven't gotten to drag the fizzer yet... I'm betting low 11s or high 10s.

·
Registered
605 Posts
dont forget..soem of teh Mags use corrected times, which you can do too if your above sea level, and they correct to perfect conditions, 50 degrees....If do it I would run 9.8 on a stock Busa, just like the PROS!!

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
60' times are where its at. I took my 12 to the track and could barely get below a 2.0 60' time but still trapped in the 111-112 mph range in the 1/8 mile. Couldn't get below a 7 sec 1/8 mile b/c I nursed it out of the hole.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts