Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· sikk cylinders
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't know if I should put these in a previous thread or make a new one. Anyway, here's a few random pics of the Quaker Steak & lube Bike Night. I've never been before but I'll definately be going again. Maybe I can get a few of the locals here in Sarasota/Bradenton to go next time. Yea, you know who you are!!!! Rick

· Registered
1,018 Posts
I went over and raced at Sunshine, then came over to Quaker Steak to eat afterwards. Me and only 2 other bikes raced! Second time I've been there for bike night. What a bunch of wannabe Hardley riders. I love it though. It cracks me up looking at them.

· Registered
674 Posts
Ya know since there seems to be so many people going up there and we all keep missing each other b/c we really don't know what each other look like then wouldn't it only be liogical to maybe meet up somewhere. Just a thought, I'm on this board all the time and only met one or two peeps from here...would really like to meet more of ya.

· sikk cylinders
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
MsDaytona said:
Ya know since there seems to be so many people going up there and we all keep missing each other b/c we really don't know what each other look like then wouldn't it only be liogical to maybe meet up somewhere. Just a thought, I'm on this board all the time and only met one or two peeps from here...would really like to meet more of ya.
If there's a place in the area to meet plan it! HaHa!!! Not assigning
you the job but if you can make a suggestion on the time/place to
meet I'm sure we could get some of the SBN group together. Make
a new post or just put it on here. Rick

· Registered
674 Posts
bbqb4racin said:
If there's a place in the area to meet plan it! HaHa!!! Not assigning
you the job but if you can make a suggestion on the time/place to
meet I'm sure we could get some of the SBN group together. Make
a new post or just put it on here. Rick
Well I ive over in Plant City so we'd have to find a central location for everybody... open to suggestions :)

· Registered
1,018 Posts
MsDaytona said:
Well I ive over in Plant City so we'd have to find a central location for everybody... open to suggestions :)
Could meet in the parking lot of the Clearwater visitor center at the west end of the causeway or the Gas station there also. That is about 5 miles from Q. Steak. I know it isn't much of a ride from there, but some of us live in Pinellas (or P-Ville to you cool people :lol ). Hell, I say meet at Sunshine.

Sunshine is going to be open a couple more years I believe. It is as busy as ever. Not many bikes on Wed. though.

· Super Moderator
18,531 Posts
MsDaytona said:
When did you move to PC???....You're only minutes from Lakeland...You're going to have to trek it over...

We do Beef o Bradys EVERY Tuesday night...It's over 90% cruisers but the crowds are huge and the company of us speaks for itself :twofinger

Then Wednesday we have a total sportbike night...Watch for the "roaming bike night" threads...We always give directions and have a good time...

· Registered
674 Posts
L8 Braker said:
When did you move to PC???....You're only minutes from Lakeland...You're going to have to trek it over...

We do Beef o Bradys EVERY Tuesday night...It's over 90% cruisers but the crowds are huge and the company of us speaks for itself :twofinger

Then Wednesday we have a total sportbike night...Watch for the "roaming bike night" threads...We always give directions and have a good time...
I moved out here about a month ago. I'm definatly gonna get out there with you guys once the rain stops :mad: We're actually helping a friend move out to Lakeland Sunday :) I would love to meet you all.

*Sunshine*

· Registered
1,018 Posts
MsDaytona said:
Is the line still bad to get in there? The last time I was there I had to wait forever to get in and they had raised the price of admission. Are you talking about the Sunoco at the west end?

No, usually only 4 people in front of me when I get there around 7:30. $7 or 8 to watch (not sure which because I always race), $15 to race.

I can't rememebr what the gas station is. I will check on my way home tonight.

· sikk cylinders
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
One of the locals will have to pick a place to meet up. I could go to Sunshine that's not a problem. Any other suggestions? I'm not familiar with all the places up there (Tampa/St Pete) but I can find them.

· Registered
674 Posts
When your heading towards Quacker on Ulmerton (from Sunshine) isn't there a Shell station on the left not to far from Sunshine? I don't remember what intersection it's at but I know it's off of Ulmerton. Maybe we could meet there? (If you guys have a clue where I'm talking about) :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.