Sport Bikes banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im planning on changing the grip ends on the handlebars to some other heavier ones. My hope is that it will reduce the buzzing around 130 km/hour.
But how the heck do I take the old ones off?. :eek: ...what kind of tool do I use?
I have tried different Torque Wrench Hex Bits without luck.
Anyone got some info on what to use?

Regards / NeoFazer

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
it should take an alen wrench I am not sure the size but that is how most of them are on there.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was frustrated because it is not a metric size. I tried to get the ends off without a key and had to go buy one, they came off easily with the proper size key.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I took mine off annd I think it was a metric size, I added a throttlemeister which is a heavy end and it does help a bit

·
Registered
8 Posts
That's funny. I wonder why there are different sizes. I do think it's strange that mine aren't metric, but they definitely aren't, unless they're a half-size.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I'm tool challenged

I picked up a 8mm and a 6mm hex socket. For the frame bolts. The 8mm I used on the frame slider bolts and this fits my bar ends. The 6mm is for the smaller bolts more aft on the frame. Nice long bar on the ratchet and umphh should do it. Remember to lock tite 'em going back on! Buzz, buzz, makes for, "hey where'd that end thing go"?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Another Q: Is the bolt in your grip ends a TORX bolt like on mine - see picture?

I have been trying a size T-20 and T-30 Torx Hex bit but they dont fit in!! :a2

Regards / NeoFazer

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dooooh! :ar silly me!

I inserted an 8mm Allen wrench and ta-daah I found out why.
I thought that I was supposed to use the torx look-a-like in the bottom of the end...but on the outer side of that an 8mm Allen suits perfect.

Sorry and thanks to group for sharing my fumbling around :leghump

1 - 9 of 9 Posts