Sport Bikes banner

Putting front wheel on ..

1K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  con man 
#1 ·
Whats up guys ...i put my front wheel back on and got some questions ..

When i tightened the axle nut back on ..The front wheel wouldnt move at all lol ..So I loosened the axle back up then tighten the torsion bolts on the forks ...But big of gap is there suppose to be between the forks and wheel ?? Hopefuly this makes sence Thanks

#8 ·
Has the wheel been off since the crash? If not everything would tend to be sort of held in place untill you were to remove the wheel then everything tends to shift. This is just a possibility.

Also have you assembled it correctly? Spacers in the right positoions?
Just asking.

#12 · (Edited)
Well before you go out and buy parts you may not need, pull the forks and check them. Its alot cheaper to inspect than to replace if you done need to. If you need advice on post after you pull them.

By the looks of the last pic it appears you maybe missing a spacer. Lemme see if I can find an F2 or F3 around here to look at and compare. DONT BUY ANYTHING yet ;)

#17 ·
HELP ME!!! I lost my small front wheel spacer...

http://cbrworld.net/articles/pages_detail.asp?ArticleId=131&ArticleType=2&PageID=503

Can I buy these at my bike shop? I dont know what to do and im super-pissed b/c after I took the front wheel off I re-installed the axle into the forks w/o the wheel... Low and behold, when I get the tires back from the shop after being changed, I realize only one spacer is on... I cannot find the other one!! If anyone can help it would be appreciated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.