Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
I think basic stitching a seamstress would use might not provide the strength needed to hold it in place during a crash.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think basic stitching a seamstress would use might not provide the strength needed to hold it in place during a crash.
It's still going to be inside of your leather jacket, you just need to keep it from moving side to side. I ordered the Tryonic Feel so I'll put up some pics when I get it installed. I'm gonna try to do it so that I can use the straps but still have it semi-permanently attached to the jacket

·
King of the Hopeless
1,132 Posts
I just saw this. My suggestion is not to do this with a jacket. Attaching a protector to the inside of a suit is not as much of an issue because the one piece and two piece racing suits hold the protector in place. A jacket won't do the same thing as well unless it is zipped to pants.

My suggestion is just to wear one underneath the jacket. It will stay in place in a crash even if the jacket rides up or moves due to impact or friction.

I wear a Forcefield full size underneath my suit whenever I ride. It has Velcro and shoulder straps to hold it in place - as well as the pressure of the suit. Highly recommended and Lvl2 EU Certified.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
I wear one of these:

·
King of the Hopeless
1,132 Posts
Also

Also this one is flat out a "better" back protector in terms of comfort, impact protection etc. Please see the RiDE Magazine back protector tests over a period of many years which indicate that this one is recommended or won the competition repeatedly.

I would go with this or T-Pro.

Forcefield Back Protector Pro Kevlar L2 - RevZilla

I live SEPA so I have been to Revzilla. Good people. As are Sportbike Track Gear.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
I have that same forcefield. Is comfy. I love that it goes from one of my 3 riding jackets without issue. Doesn't make sense to buy a fullsize back protector and then sew it to a jacket. You just defeated the purpose of the stand alone back protector then.

Plus the ones that you strap to your body stay in place so much better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts