Sport Bikes banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Hillbilly Backwoods Racer
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Not a very interesting thread to anyone but myself I guess, but I've got my dirtbike for sale on eBay and already had a call from someone just wanting to buy it outright and a bunch of emails. Of course I'm going to let the auction run its course, but with that much interest and a possible backup buyer (if it doesn't sell at auction) then I'm getting closer to the sport bike every day :) There's a 2001 Ninja 250 in the paper for $1800 and if they'd go down to $1500 or 1600 I'd be set! Luckily for me bikes are going for fairly cheap because too many people put them up or sell around this time, or in the next few months. I dont' really care myself, I'll be riding for a lot of the winter! Hell, I was taking dirt bike rides on the trails in January last year because its fairly common to get a few 50* days even in winter.

I saw a cheap Suzuki GZ250, and it seemed nice, but I really am stuck on getting a sportier bike of some kind, preferrably the Ninja 250. To push me that way I just keep thinking of 60-70mpg vs the 20mpg of my Jeep :p .. Anyways, 6 days until auction close and I'm praying that by then I'll be shopping for a sport bike!

Oh, and I got my wife to support this. I guess she's heard about sport bikes for the last year and a half so this would be the easiest way to shut me up :banana If she was going to be mad at me I don't think I'd be able to enjoy my bike if it ended up in a fight every time I went to ride it. I'm just glad she's being nice about it and saying "go ahead and go get one" and pushing me to it.

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
yeah so where are the pics :bitchslap

:needpics

·
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
badgixxer said:
yeah so where are the pics :bitchslap

:needpics

Well, don't have a sport bike to take pics of yet, but if you want pics of the dirt bike I'm selling, I can do that! :p

·
Registered
229 Posts
sorny said:
Oh, and I got my wife to support this. I guess she's heard about sport bikes for the last year and a half so this would be the easiest way to shut me up :banana If she was going to be mad at me I don't think I'd be able to enjoy my bike if it ended up in a fight every time I went to ride it. I'm just glad she's being nice about it and saying "go ahead and go get one" and pushing me to it.
I basically wore my wife down too - to the point of randomly sticking the word "motorcycle" into conversations. "Hi, how was work?" "Same as usual... motorcycle!" etc. It eventually drove her nuts. I think she finally got the clue I was really serious about the bike when I bought a jacket, helmet, and gloves, and spent 3 weekends in a row trying to get a walk-in slot at the MSF course. We agreed on a budget and I had my bike about a month after I completed the course. Had it running a month after that, rode it down to the BMV on my temps and got the M endorsement and handled the title transfer and registration on the bike in the same visit.

·
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome... I just called a guy with the $1800 Ninja 250... he seemed like he didn't really care about the money, he just wanted rid of it (it was his sons). Said he'd knock a couple of hundred off and would work with me (deliver it, etc). I also just called on insurance, and this has to be wrong.... $37 for SIX MONTHS!!! That's just $6 a month for liability! The insurance guy said "well, the computer SAYS this but I don't believe it..." He said full coverage was just $110 for six month ($18/month). Wow, if thats true this will be great!

·
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jazzzzz said:
I basically wore my wife down too - to the point of randomly sticking the word "motorcycle" into conversations. "Hi, how was work?" "Same as usual... motorcycle!" etc.
LOL, I'm thinking of screaming NINJA 250!!! During sex :) I think she's realized that I'm super serious about this and she knows I"m not immature or going to be reckless and she knows I'll wear my gear because every time I see a bike going down the road and the guys wearing no helmet, flipflops, and a tshirt and shorts I always comment on it.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
RACER X said:
don;t forget to take the www.msf-usa.org class
yeah, i go for mine the 24th 27th and 28th!!!! cant wait!!!!!!

definately good to have!

·
All red all the time...
3,489 Posts
looks like a good deal on the bike. Hope you get it soon.
I also just got a Ninja 250, and although I haven't been riding it much, I'm enjoying the anticipation of riding it more...(I've held off on riding it, cos my MSF course won't be till Oct..)

·
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, I'm really close to getting it I think. I'm just trying to squeeze out enough cash out of my dirt bike sale so I don't have a whole bunch of gap to fill.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
damn it. I have my licesne...just trying to get a Ninja 250/500 R or Suzuki GS500F for less than $5000 Cdn...theres some slim pickings up here...sucks
:pisson

·
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, that's why I got so excited over this one. In my part of the country EX250's are $2200+ usually and hard to find, period. 500's are even harder to find (like a couple a year in the papers) and are $3000+, usually. Finding a Ninja 250 or 500 is rare itself... finding one under $2000, even harder :) I'm afraid it'll sell before I have the money.

·
All red all the time...
3,489 Posts
MAD_CAT said:
damn it. I have my licesne...just trying to get a Ninja 250/500 R or Suzuki GS500F for less than $5000 Cdn...theres some slim pickings up here...sucks
:pisson
what are you talking about...you got the ZZR250 up there...I'm the jealous one...LOL....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts