Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
04' R6, 3400 miles on the clock. Excellent condition. My 2nd 600cc bike(01 GSX-R was the first). Thought about getting the GSX-R 750, but thought i'd stay in the 600 range another year or 2 before going b*****. Picked her up yesterdy, drove 5 hrs to bring her home. On with the pics. I did the bling, bling to teh rims myself, everything else came modded when i bought it.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Let me be the first to say...HOT BIKE...
In addition. THANK YOU FOR POSTING A PIC! I never understand when people get on here talking about their phat new bike but say they will have pics in a few weeks when they borrow the digicam from their cousins boyfriends father in law. ARG.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
freeky929 said:
Nice bike. How did you do the wheels?
Masking tape and aircraft paint remover(bought it at autozone). Mask out where you dont want paint removed, on the R6 and GSX-R the wheels have a prominent line all the way around the rim, thats where i masked it off. So the center of the rim is still stock color and the outer rim is blingin'. You should put masking tape on the tire too, that aircraft paint remover will eat it up if it stays on a long time. I did 1 foot long sections at a time....spray aircraft paint remover on paint, let it sit for a few minutes 5 mins max, you dont want it to sit too long then it starts seeping under the masking tape and eats teh paint you dont want removed, it should start bubbling up rather quickly, then get a dry towel and wipe the paint off. You might have to make 2 passes with the paint remover and dry towel. Its easiest to use a Dry towel, a wet one will just slide over the paint while the dry will pull it off. Thats it, took me about an hour and a half to do both wheels. The longest part is masking it off. If you try it good luck! I think it makes the wheels really stand out and not too flashy like chrome. Here's a pic of my Gixxer w/the same treatment.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Congrats on the bike, now you have a couple of nice bikes! I think I am going to try that bling trick out. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts