Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This one is marketed as the 'Racing' model it is slightly taller with no lip, but is more bulbous (double bubble) ... my name says it all, I got it for the look no consideration of performance, I liked the idea of a darker front end ... it is very close to exactly what I wanted ... hope the pics help to answer questions

Jim

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
thanks for the pics! really helpful to see the side by side comparison. initially thought the Puig was going to be a lot more angular and streamlined. looks good though.

i see you got the cowling too. good taste :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Nice looking piece...

Can you tell me more about the wind deflection? Also don't forget to mention your height.
Is this the dark smoked version? I'm thinking of buying the moderated smoked version but i still have doubts about the wind deflection...

·
Registered
103 Posts
I really like the look. I think it would look good on my silver since the fairing is all black anyway.
Wind deflection?

·
Registered
193 Posts
wind deflection please!!!

How is the wind deflection in comparison to the original and wind buffeting? It looks like there are two separate buble areas, which seems good, and it seems slightly more vertical than the original, Better?

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Very nice! Thanks for the pics!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Between the hunydo list and the weather I have not had it out since the switch. I am not ignoring questions, just have not been out ... I will add that with no molded lip you could cut this screen to any height (I wanted it lower)given the right amount of confidence or bourbon ... weatherman says rain for 3 days so it may next week before I can comment ... my blue baby only gets wet with soap and water ...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Stock_Picker said:
I have that same screen. I'm six foot and it works very good, i would say 20% better than stock.......I will post some photo's when I get home my bike is silver.
Sweeeeeeet. Look forward to the pics.
Thanks

·
Registered
205 Posts
nogoshowboat said:
Between the hunydo list and the weather I have not had it out since the switch. I am not ignoring questions, just have not been out ... I will add that with no molded lip you could cut this screen to any height (I wanted it lower)given the right amount of confidence or bourbon ... weatherman says rain for 3 days so it may next week before I can comment ... my blue baby only gets wet with soap and water ...

Just ordered one, I am 6ft and 210lbs so I am hoping to get the same results.
I actually orderd the smoke and not the dark screen.

Thanks,
Skippy

·
Registered
193 Posts
That screen looks really hot. I really like the b***** bubble on it. I'm a little guy 5'9" so if I duck slightly on my stock screen it makes a ton of differance. It this does give a "20%" better job of wind deflecting, I think that may be bumped to the top of my list. Let us know how you like it Noshowboat!! Sorry about the rain.. really sucks...

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
nogoshowboat said:
Any update on how the new screen performs?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Double Bubble Rattle

ZeuSeason said:
Any update on how the new screen performs?
GLAD you asked ... I love the look and deflection, BUT this thing has got a low rev rattle that will drive your grandma to drink ... it appears to me to be a softer material so it flexes more and that adds up to a nasty rattle at launch that only gets worse on the hotter days or in the sun ... I am looking at adding some form of rubber gasket, but I would be interested to hear if anyone else is seeing(hearing) this

·
Registered
205 Posts
nogoshowboat said:
but I would be interested to hear if anyone else is seeing(hearing) this

Not happening with mine, although I will say that one of the plastic screws did not want to go in for some time until I actually put that one in first and then the others.

I am growing used to the screen as the days go by, I love the look, and that is what pushed me to give it a second chance.

I may invest in a set of Silver or black anodised aluminum screws from http://www.targa-acc.com/ I changed out the flimsy plastic ones from my FJ1200 for the same reason, started to strip real quick.

Skippy

·
Registered
171 Posts
Wow that wind screen looks great. I think I will be looking to order one down the road. Really like that dark smoke look.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Dose enyone know where can I buy in Europe Puig Windscreen,
link will be good, or if you know market in US that delivers in Croatia
I try the links in topic "aftermarket mods" but they dont deliver in Croatia.
Please help me

Thanks

·
Registered
72 Posts
Vedran said:
Dose enyone know where can I buy in Europe Puig Windscreen,
link will be good, or if you know market in US that delivers in Croatia
I try the links in topic "aftermarket mods" but they dont deliver in Croatia.
Please help me

Thanks
In the netherlands I bought it at www.mdi-online.nl

·
Registered
63 Posts
Has anyone else ordered one of these recently? Have you received it yet? I've had mine on order for well over a month now, but they are still on backorder.

·
Registered
95 Posts
i ordered one from factoryteam2racing over a month ago and they haven't even shipped it yet. Man am i growing impatient, your not the only one

1 - 20 of 121 Posts