Sport Bikes banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally (3-4 weeks later after ordering) got my windscreen in (light smoke).
Took off the old one and used the stock screws to put the new one in. Then I noticed that the 2 inner screws would not fit as the plastic was not flat enough to sit against the bike. I got one in sideways, and the other one snapped while tightening.

Anyone else have this happen (with the windscreen fitting exact not the screw, that was my own fault). I plan on ordering some new screws from: http://www.targa-acc.com/ and see if they make things better. I just hope I can get the shaved off screw out of the bike.

I will also check to see if I have the vibration thing that some have mentioned. I may since I only have 4/5 screws in.

Thanks.

C.K.

·
Registered
205 Posts
C.K. said:
Took off the old one and used the stock screws to put the new one in. Then I noticed that the 2 inner screws would not fit as the plastic was not flat enough to sit against the bike. I got one in sideways, and the other one snapped while tightening.

Anyone else have this happen (with the windscreen fitting exact not the screw, that was my own fault). I plan on ordering some new screws from: http://www.targa-acc.com/ and see if they make things better. I just hope I can get the shaved off screw out of the bike.

C.K.
I had a similar issue with mine when I got it, the left side looking at the front was not angled right if I put the right side screws in first.
So, I put the left side screw in and then the right and tightened them down evenly and gently. I had this same set up on the 1986 FJ1200 and 2001 R1, so I knew to be gentle with them.

The Targa screws are Aluminum and as such are much stronger, plus you can order them in different colors.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks virtualt. I am gonna stop by my local motorcycle dealer tomorrow and see if they have any windscreen screws. If they work, great, if not, then I will order new ones.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts