Sport Bikes banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Bennedetto!
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang,

I have been poking around a lot looking at the Puig screen pictures and comments here on SBN. I see a lot of people have put the Puig screen on and have found pictures of smoke, dark smoke, and blue. So my first question to you all is, does anyone have a picture of the clear one?

Question number two is regarding turbulence. I read on this thread that a few people have experienced negative effect with the screen at high speed. So for all of you that have put the screens on; have you had this experience as well?

Thanks for your help and happy riding.

:cheers

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I cant help you with the pictures of a clear screen, but I have the light smoke double bubble and could let you try it out on my bike if you want. I remember you saying you were also in the east bay.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
I am 5'6, have the taller smoked screen. It is excellent for turbulence, until I get a passenger. Then their helmet seem to stop the wind from going over my Arai helmet, and it bounces my head side to side slightly.

·
Bennedetto!
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, FZSilver was kind enough to let me try it before I buy it this last weekend. I noticed the air was cleaner (there was a more distinct line between no air and air) and my shoulders didn't get batted around as much. I put my order in as soon as I got home. :)

·
Registered
326 Posts
So you would say good for high and low speeds? I'm 5'8 and wonderin if my short ass really needs it, but they do look cool dont they.

·
Bennedetto!
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Salmiester said:
So you would say good for high and low speeds? I'm 5'8 and wonderin if my short ass really needs it, but they do look cool dont they.
Yeah, I would. The faster I went the higher the "wind line" seemed to go, but it did seem to flow better at lower speeds as well. The big thing I noticed was when I got back on the freeway after swapping back to stock, my shoulders were getting a lot more pushed around by the wind. While the stock screen is probably about the same height at the shoulder level (and taller at head level), I think the design of it pushes the wind line right above my shoulders - it was really much better. FYI I'm 5'8ish too.

:cheers

·
Super Pursuit Mode, Yo
2,073 Posts
I put the Puig dark smoke mostly because I thought it looked better than stock. It turns out that the Puig works much better for me on the highway. I'm 5'9" and don't crouch down at all. The Puig is far superior when it comes to buffeting. I found a good deal on one online. I think it was $70 delivered. Well worth the bucks.
Hope this helps.

·
Bennedetto!
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, I just rode into work (mostly freeway) and noticed significant buffeting with the stock screen. I don't remember feeling that when I was trying out the Puig this weekend. Mine should arrive by the end of the week. :banana

·
Bennedetto!
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Doh. I just got an email from the guys I ordered the shield from (http://www.motoemporium.com/), here's what he said:

This will not ship until next Monday. I had to search high and low to get you one of the last two shields in the country. Took some doing but, I found you one.

Looks like I'll be getting it next week? :eek:

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
biker6 said:
Doh. I just got an email from the guys I ordered the shield from (http://www.motoemporium.com/), here's what he said:

This will not ship until next Monday. I had to search high and low to get you one of the last two shields in the country. Took some doing but, I found you one.

Looks like I'll be getting it next week? :eek:
Lucky. I've been waiting for a month for mine. Mind you, that's up here in The Great White North, where motorcycle accessories are pretty F*#$ING scarce.

·
Super Pursuit Mode, Yo
2,073 Posts
getting a puig screen

I had trouble finding one last month when I got mine. I did a search on google for fz6 windscreen and found a place (I don't think they were on the first page) named Tonker in Florida. I called them, ordered it and had it in 3 days. That was after about 6 others said it was out of stock for 4-6 weeks. Anyway, maybe they still have some.

Good luck!

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Why is it when you look up a Puig FZ6 windscreen, they show you a pic of the R6?

·
Premium Member
1,864 Posts
I have the blue puig windscreen, and honestly I don't like the look of it. The double bubble makes the bike look too tall in front. I had it on for one day, and took it off. I will probably put it up in the classifieds soon. I wish they would make a blue non-double bubble.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts