Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Very nice. Looks like better wind protection than stock. Did you buy this online or locally?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Mine has been ordered and being shipped cross country (by pack mule) ... UPS says it should be here this week ... I will post pics of the dark smoke version mounted on a blue bike ....

·
Registered
117 Posts
Where did you order the Puig D/B from? I really like the look of it and it also looks like it will provide even more wind protection.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I just checked the site, they say they are double height but not double buble. Is it taller than the origingal? By How much? Does it have a double bubble?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Conehead said:
I ordered mine from http://www.factoryteam2racing.com/

Good price and very quick delivery. (3 days)

Don't know about wind protection yet, got the screen Friday and my seat is suppose to be back Tuesday. (Sent it out for gel inserts)
Did you ever duck down under your stock screen?? I'm just curious because that just looks really dark... which I think looks amazing, but I would be worried about loosing my ability to duck down real low. You need to let us know how that thing is.. I guess even if it's dark, if it blows the wind up a little better over your head you wouldn't really need to duck down as far.

Thanks buddy....

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
It is dark, but not as dark as the picture looks. It was taken at night.

The screen is maybe 1 1/2 " taller than stock and does have a double bubble.

The one I got is "dark smoke", they also have a "smoke" and a "clear"

I took it around the block this afternoon without the seat, really hard to judge the wind without the proper seating postion, but it is not going to make it go totally over your head. Even the tall Yamaha screen 4" over stock does not do that.
You would need like 8" over stock to do that.

I bought it for the dark tint, if the wind hits the top or middle of my helmet and causes buffeting, I will take the band saw to it and get the wind back down just below my helmet. (like the stock screen)

Oh, I could see through it when tucked, of course it was sunny.

I'll post a review after I get my seat back...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Man that looks nice in the dark smoke. I dont know about it at night though yet then again I never really tuck all the way down behind the sheild anyway. Usually just enough to get in the air pocket. Id like to hear how it is at high speeds and how much it decreases the wind buffeting.
Very nice! Now I have to put that on my wish list.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got my seat back today. Rode about 20 minutes with the double bubble.

It raises the airflow a little, the wind hits right below the bottom of the face shield, so your helmet is pretty much fully in the wind.

I put the stock screen back on also.
Can't tell a difference in buffeting from the stock screen.

When i had the Yamaha tall screen on, it moved the wind to the top of my helmet, causing a lot of buffeting.

I am happy with it, it gives the look I wanted and left my helmet exposed.

As a side note, I only had a little while to ride, but the gel seat inserts feel great.
I will know for sure after the weekend. (2 day trip to the West Va. mountians)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Conehead said:

It raises the airflow a little, the wind hits right below the bottom of the face shield, so your helmet is pretty much fully in the wind.

When i had the Yamaha tall screen on, it moved the wind to the top of my helmet, causing a lot of buffeting.

As a side note, I only had a little while to ride, but the gel seat inserts feel great.
Cool. Just what I was looking for. We must be about the same height. The wind hits me just below the face shield with the stock shield on. I really do like the looks of that smoked screen though.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I am definately going to buy this screen!! I hope the shipping isn't too much up all the way to the great white north (Canada) because usually the duty alone is like 30 bucks :( Thanks for the pics, I didn't know how good it would look on the silver bike but obviously great

·
Registered
193 Posts
windscreen

I installed my screen 2 days ago, I got the normal smoke one not the Dark. I think it looks just as good or better, the bottom portion is blacked out then transitions to a notmal smoke so the portion you really want dark that covers your pod and spedo is black.
It is deffinitly superior to the factory, I feel almost no turbulance on my head, all the wind went to my sholders, much better.
I suggest this mod before any other even before the power commander, it makes the bike much more comfortable!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Cavi said:
I installed my screen 2 days ago, I got the normal smoke one not the Dark. I think it looks just as good or better, the bottom portion is blacked out then transitions to a notmal smoke so the portion you really want dark that covers your pod and spedo is black.
It is deffinitly superior to the factory, I feel almost no turbulance on my head, all the wind went to my sholders, much better.
I suggest this mod before any other even before the power commander, it makes the bike much more comfortable!
How tall are you Cavi? and do you think you could pop a few pics up of that smoke screen, I think I'm more interested in that then the dark smoke.

Thanks pal.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Conehead said:

I've been looking for a dark smoked screen and that would do the trick. It looks great! As for the seat, where did you send it and what are they charging? My butt falls asleep after about 45 minutes on that thing.....

1 - 20 of 45 Posts