Sport Bikes banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since removing access to P&R has worked out so well, I'm going to apply a variation of that to New Riders.

If you don't have constructive advise, or at the very least don't have anything nice to say, stay out of the discussion. People come here because they want information and advise. They should be able to ask, and they shouldn't immediately be told to go search, or just buy a turbo-busa, or adopt a kitten. If that's the best you can come up with, please keep your opinion to yourself.

Repeat offenders will have their access removed from New Riders.

Thank you.

·
OO=[][]=OO
7,410 Posts
They should be able to ask, and they shouldn't immediately be told to go search, or just buy a turbo-busa, or adopt a kitten. If that's the best you can come up with, please keep your opinion to yourself.
What if their question is, “I’m a new rider and plan to get a 250, but my S.O. insists that if I get a motorcycle they get a small furry pet that poops in a box, what should I do?”

:D

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In that context, kitten adoption advise would be acceptable. :cathug

Use common sense and common courtesy. This subforum is becoming a rough place, and we need to be a little more friendly to new members. :)

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Exceptions will be made if you post a Hitler Wants A Gixxer video as the first reply to any turbo busa inspired posts.

Akumu needs his hits. :D

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
Well, won't have any susser tod posts to look forward to.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
What if their question is, “I’m a new rider and plan to get a 250, but my S.O. insists that if I get a motorcycle they get a small furry pet that poops in a box, what should I do?”

:D
Krogers has boxes on the loading dock, although if you got the bucks, a pet store will be more then happy to sell you one.
You can also take the kitty for a ride. Not sure how well that will work. I've never ridden with a kitten. A few dogs but that was always just before the lights came on.:loller

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Although most of the kids don't know it, what they are doing is called "building a frame".
That is from cognitive neuroscience. Which is the study of the chemical process used by the brain when thinking. Choices are dealt with mostly on a subconscious level. The brain builds what is termed a 'frame' and populates it with data. The theory is that the data is assigned a value then the higher value bits are sent to the conscious, where a final choice is made.
So any and all posts go into the OP's frame, where they are assigned a value. How that value is assigned is known, why is a total mystery. The how is the same thing used in any other memory. Repetition adds value. Data forms patterns and the more reps to a pattern, the more value it has. That is why when you were learning your letters you had to pump out page after page of a's, then b's, etc. etc. etc.
Most cloud algorithms use the same sort of technique.
So the scared of 600SS crowd is actually doing good on a subconscious level.
Cyberspace debates ALWAYS become acrimonious. That is because the non-verbal clues of meatspace are missing. I think that is a good thing, sorta. Non-verbal clues are cultural to a large degree. Cyberspace is forcing people to communicate without non-verbal clues.
Globalization moving forward.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Hitler was a veggie, so he has no need for a kitten. :cathug

·
Registered
6,884 Posts
So, we can say "get a turbo-kitten-busa!"?

Okay!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts