Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Jive Turkey
4,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the full (mostly) story, I have a "milk run" thread made in the General section, but I'm now the owner of a mint '98 Moto Guzzi V11-EV. 29,xxx one-owner miles and mechanically as sound as it was leaving the factory 11 years ago. I LOVE this bike, and am so glad to officially have a Guzzi of my own now. I look forward to the countless rides and memories this bike will provide me in the many, many years to come.

(The rest of the pics are also in the General section thread).

:cheers

·
A guy on a scruffy bike
15,367 Posts
Very cool. I haven't actually owned a Guzzi yet, but I probably will at some point. I am wearing one of my Moto Guzzi t-shirts even as we speak. That's gotta count for something :D

PhilB

·
Jive Turkey
4,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I made sure to grab a couple Guzzi tees when I went to bring the bike home. Guess I'm also gonna have to throw up a Moto Guzzi banner there in the garage too lol.

I went and hit a good section of roads yesterday afternoon that I normally like to tear up on my 636. The V11-EV is surprisingly nimble for what it is.

It may not be a sportbike, but there's definitely a sportbike rider piloting this thing. :lol Needless to say, the tires are now scrubbed more than they've ever been (probably in this bike's entire lifetime up to this point as well lol) and the bike seemed more than happy to corner at my pace.

I won't always push it like I did, but I love the fact that I can have fun at either pace with this bike. It's never a dull moment when you aren't riding just to hunt down the twistes.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Under all the shiney stuff is the old Lemans frame similar to Slowgoose's bike so whilst it not a modern sport bike the rake and trail are somewhere in reality just watch out for the centre stand tang.

·
Jive Turkey
4,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I've already ground the center stand's "lowering arm" while railing a left-hander lol.

The g/f and I went down to Keithsburg, IL yesterday to stop by the 24th annual Guzzi Rally. Quite a large gathering. Was definitely cool to see all those other Guzzis in person.

Nero, are you the one on here with the MGS-01? I can't stop reading up on that bike and am finding myself to be a bit obsessed with it lately. I'm pretty sure if you look up "rare" and "exclusive" in the dictionary, you'll see a pic of the MGS-01 lol.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Nero, are you the one on here with the MGS-01? I can't stop reading up on that bike and am finding myself to be a bit obsessed with it lately. I'm pretty sure if you look up "rare" and "exclusive" in the dictionary, you'll see a pic of the MGS-01 lol.
See sig <<<-------

Actualy i'm 14years old and thought that everone would be impressed cause i gots a Lamborgreenie and a Maserattiii cause everyone is impressed by snot nosed little rich kids.

After 12 months of procrastinating saving then saying you only live once and then having to go borrow some dollars too I took the plunge its a pain not been able to ride it on the road and I don't regret getting it one bit :)

·
Jive Turkey
4,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One day, I will own an MGS-01. I have a way of finding myself able to attain "attainable" dreams, and I have a feeling nothing will stop me from putting an MGS-01 in my garage someday. :)

PS: can you post up pics of your Corsa? As many as you feel like posting will be fine. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts