Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Sport Tourer
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been window (read: picture) shopping craigs list. One bike that's up for sale is a '90 EX500. The only real problem I have with it is, it is missing its mirror on one side. Here's a link to the yahoo photo album...
http://photos.yahoo.com/quimerizar

My question is, since I don't care about the cracks in the fairing, how much would just having the missing mirror fixed cost? Can that even be fixed without replacing the fairing?

Thanks in advance! :)

·
Registered
750 Posts
It looks like the crack runs right through where the mirror would sit. Maybe just bondo up the crack to hold it together, and a mirror will probably run you, I donno, 10-20 bucks on eBay? Just make sure if you don't get a new upper, DON'T tighten the screws too much when you put the mirror on!

·
Sport Tourer
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
$1000; I haven't gone down to look at it yet, but if that's the worst of the cost, then it sounds like a pretty good deal, to me...

·
Registered
394 Posts
I agree. Buy a used mirror on Ebay and save yourself some money. I think Bondo would work great. BTW... the Ninja EX500 is a great bike to start on. Many people ride them forever and never sell them.

·
Sport Tourer
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's what I was thinking exactly. The only reason I can see myself wanting to upgrade is because I could see myself wanting something a bit more tour-y. (Unless someone here knows about some good aftermarket touring gear that'll work with a EX500? *Hope*)

·
Registered
681 Posts
For 1k, you better jump on that quick! If it was around here and you hesitated, I'd buy it from under you.....he who hesitates is lost.

·
Sport Tourer
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Haha, I already sent the guy an email saying I wanted to look at it mid-next month... Have to wait for bills to be paid, sadly. So next paycheque, I'll have more than enough to buy it, and I plan on it :D

·
Registered
681 Posts
Hagios said:
Haha, I already sent the guy an email saying I wanted to look at it mid-next month... Have to wait for bills to be paid, sadly. So next paycheque, I'll have more than enough to buy it, and I plan on it :D
At that price, it'll be long gone before you can afford it, sad to say. I hope it's not for you sake, but highly unlikely!

·
Sport Tourer
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, I've got my fingers crossed, likely in vain. If this one slips, I'll just have to get my bike another time. The sport's not going anywhere, really.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts