Sport Bikes banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my first bike (ninja 650) the handlebar ends were angled more inward than the bikes I'm looking at now. I rather like the look and feel of the more angled handlebars than the bikes that have more straight across handlebars, i.e. ninja1000sx or ducati multistrada 1200.

If I were to get a ninja1000sx or multistrada 1200, would I be able to make the handlebars more angled inward like the ninja 650?

Would there be any benefit to doing so other than personal preference? Any cons or down side to doing so?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Whatever makes you happy, but for those two bikes you would have to have them custom bent, or if a shape out there which fits your personality, go for it... On the other hand, there is a reason the Multistrada was designed the way it was and most likely the SX as well. My very personal advice would be to ride more bikes and not be mentally stuck in your first one; see what works for you. Also, consider that if your first bike would have been of a different shape, you would most likely look for something to resemble that one...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts