Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to give big thanks to Ken at Wheelers Performace down at Deals Gap. I rode my 97 TLS to Deals Gap from Washington D.C. and had a mishap while riding the dragon. The bike was not rideable. Ken let my friend borrow his van and trailor and we ended up getting my bike to Ken's shop. Once there Ken went right to work....I needed a rear set welded and a clip-on welded. After a few hours of being at his shop my bike was road worthy once again. Where I'm from this kind of help/service is unheard of and i want to give credit where credit is due. With out Ken I would of been taking a bus home and leaving my TL down at the gap. If anyone needed anything MC related while down at the Gap, Ken is the man to see. Thanks again Ken!

http://wheelersperformance.com/

·
Banned
730 Posts
Good deal. That kind of thing is all to rare these days.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Yeah, he's pretty cool and he's has killer Dragon and Skyway souvenirs/t-shirts in his shop.

·
Registered
12 Posts
We had a large group ride one weekend and 3 of us went down on the Cherahala Skyway. Made a call to Ken. He brought me a clutch lever and trailered the other 2 bikes to his shop. He only charged the trailered bikes $15.00 for both. Once at his shop he got to work on one of the bikes, an R1 that did not appear to be ridable. The SV checked out ok. All 3 of us rode home that evening thanks to Ken. He is one stand up guy and loves motorcycles and the riders.

Mark

·
Banned
730 Posts
ZrxMark said:
We had a large group ride one weekend and 3 of us went down on the Cherahala Skyway. Made a call to Ken. He brought me a clutch lever and trailered the other 2 bikes to his shop. He only charged the trailered bikes $15.00 for both. Once at his shop he got to work on one of the bikes, an R1 that did not appear to be ridable. The SV checked out ok. All 3 of us rode home that evening thanks to Ken. He is one stand up guy and loves motorcycles and the riders.

Mark
Too bad these two stories don't/won't travel on the 'net like the bad press stories we're so used to, eh?

·
Registered
454 Posts
ZrxMark said:

Mark
Damn Mark, you beat me too it! :D I was also a member of that group ride and I can attest that Ken is a great guy who cares about our bikes. If you go down at or near Deal's Gap, get your repairs done at Wheeler's.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Thankfully I have never been bit by the dragon. But I will say Ken is an awesome guy. He has great prices, great service and he doesn't mind if you just sit around and talk with him (if he has the time). Plus he lets you clean your bike for FREE with stuff he has!! I always stop in when we are in the area just to say hi!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts