Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
A guy on a scruffy bike
15,367 Posts
Proof requires repeatability. Do it 99 more times, and let us know the results. :D

PhilB

Reactions: max384 and boner

·
Mediocre Strafer
9,137 Posts
Well, after a sllooooowww day at work, I'm using my Droid phone...and falling asleep at my desk...

I fell asleep, dreamt I was in a car driving off the side of the road, woke up with a jolt just 5 secs before the top boss in the company comes walking into the office...see! proof!
It's proof that god hates you and wants you to get fired - that's because of original sin, which means that your dad got your mom drunk that night.

God actually wants you dead, and will succeed in killing you someday. This is called omnipotence, which means he is bitter because he can't get it up.

KeS

·
Registered
5,619 Posts
i love getting caught working at work. Feels good man.

but no there is no proof of God, you cant prove or have evidence for something spiritual. It never made sense to me for people to ask for proof of something that isnt physical. Its like asking me what flavor Yellow light is. It's simply not measured that way.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
If something has no proof and is not measurable in any way you are then unjustified in believing in it.

Edit: I should add if you care what you believe is true the previous statement applies. If you don't care if what you believe is true it's easy to justify anything.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
does god watch when I "choke the chicken", or does he turn away? if he watches then doesn't that make him gay?

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Ever have a dream where a loud sound in real life coincides with an event in your dream?

Ever wonder how your mind knew that sound was coming?

Ooooooweeeeeeoooooooo!

·
pppfffffff
609 Posts
i love getting caught working at work. Feels good man.

but no there is no proof of God, you cant prove or have evidence for something spiritual. It never made sense to me for people to ask for proof of something that isnt physical. Its like asking me what flavor Yellow light is. It's simply not measured that way.
We can provide tangible evidence that yellow light exists though regardless of what it tastes like.

We can argue what it tastes like but we cant argue whether or not it exists.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
the taste of yellow light depends upon the concentration of yellow light.

given sufficient concentrations, yellow light has a fine savoy flavour as it cooks your tongue, at higher concentrations, a bitter taste will be present as you saliva mixes with the ash from your burning mouth, and wash lye to your remaining taste buds.

·
Registered
5,619 Posts
If something has no proof and is not measurable in any way you are then unjustified in believing in it.

That sounds really closed minded. You're basically saying if we cant measure it then there is no possible way it can exist and our preconceived notions and local definitions are cosmically infallible law. Plenty of cosmologists and theoretical physicists believe in the possibility of infinite parallel dimensions even tho we cant see them or contact them in any single measurable way.

Think outside the box. I guarantee you that in the future will we found out that all kinds of things exist that we didn't know exist, because we currently don't have the means to see them or measure them in some way.

Billions of people can feel things spiritually and have ever since recorded history. Don't be so sure of anything just because you personal don't "feel" anything spiritual.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
That sounds really closed minded. You're basically saying if we cant measure it then there is no possible way it can exist and our preconceived notions and local definitions are cosmically infallible law. Plenty of cosmologists and theoretical physicists believe in the possibility of infinite parallel dimensions even tho we cant see them or contact them in any single measurable way.

Think outside the box. I guarantee you that in the future will we found out that all kinds of things exist that we didn't know exist, because we currently don't have the means to see them or measure them in some way.

Billions of people can feel things spiritually and have ever since recorded history. Don't be so sure of anything just because you personal don't "feel" anything spiritual.
There is nothing narrow minded about it. Anything is possible but you are unjustified in believing it until proof arises. By definition if something is not measurable or interacts with the real world you have no idea if it exists or not. If you dont know if it exists you dont believe in it. You don't go believing claims without proof if the truth is important to you.

And scientists might think there is a possibility of the multi verse, but the overwhelming majority do not believe in it as there is no proof yet.

Billions of people feeling things spiritually means nothing. We pretty much know why we believe strange things as it was an evolutionary trait for survival. Research Michael Shermer. It is very easy to get people to believe just about any claim you like. Tons of con artist faith healers do it all the time. I can go get you someone that 100% genuinely believes he was abducted by aliens. Should you believe that without evidence? I can show you video of people who think they are watching an exorcism take place and the people really believe this person to be possessed and according to their account the things that happened are never seen in the video. Its easy to get caught up in hysteria.

And if in the future we find things out with evidence, only then are you justified in believing in it. In fact we will probably have most things figured out in a decade or two with all these new studies being done in neuroscience as pretty much every feeling you have can be traced back to an impulse from your brain. Things like near death experiences can be created in a lab rather easily as we now know why and how they happen.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
I understand what your saying CC about being unjustified in believing untill proof arises. The thing is though that if a person does not believe in something in the first place then proof will likely never arise. At one time the Wright brothers and others like them would have been unjustified to believe people could fly. People would have been unjustified to believe in lots of things in the past that we have now accomplished or now know to be true. Most of those things took someone believing in it and then finding a way to make it happen or proving the existance.

Either way I do care about the truth and I also believe in God.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts