Sport Bikes banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
My other ride is your mom
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a pair of Super Duty 2 boots and I'm having a few problems. The first problem is the fact that Icon DOES NOT respond to any type of contact through their website ( www.rideicon.com ). They do not list their phone number on their website either, and when you look it up through they yellow pages, There is no listing for Icon Motosports.

The second problem is the fact that I rode with these boots only 7 times and the right heel is separating in the back. Here's a picture of what I'm talking about.

My second problem is that the rubber is chipping off the top on the left boot.
another pic:

I bought the boots from an online retailer on ebay that goes by the name moto-Parts ( http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA...=7974498786&frm=1883&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:SID ) They have not responded to any of my questions either.

Does anybody know how to find a contact number for Icon? This is a warning to anybody considering these boots.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Icon 619-258-5365 fax 619-258-5362

Now you can appreciate good service. How much did you save over some other real vendor selling these boots? Enough for the hassles when you need some help? I doubt it. Cheapest is NOT always best and usually never is. The real bitch is Icon will tell you to go through the retailer who sold them to you.

·
My other ride is your mom
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DraftNu said:
Icon 619-258-5365 fax 619-258-5362

Now you can appreciate good service. How much did you save over some other real vendor selling these boots? Enough for the hassles when you need some help? I doubt it. Cheapest is NOT always best and usually never is. The real bitch is Icon will tell you to go through the retailer who sold them to you.
Nobody locally had the Super Duty 2's. Everybody still has the Super Duty 1's and everybody I talked to said I would have to wait on the SD2's.

Trust me, I would have paid the extra money to get them locally in the first place.

·
Registered
63 Posts
datdaz84 said:
Nobody locally had the Super Duty 2's. Everybody still has the Super Duty 1's and everybody I talked to said I would have to wait on the SD2's.

Trust me, I would have paid the extra money to get them locally in the first place.
icon has always been very good at taking defective items back (thru icon dealers) and replace them. that's how we handle any icon product issues.

your retailer should have no problem taking defedtive icon products back.

·
Midnight Rider
415 Posts
if they weren't bought through a dealer, you can always try to bring them in somewhere and say you don't have a reciept. they were a gift, you lost the reciept, whatever works... and most likely that ebay guy isn't going to be much help. good luck

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
datdaz84 said:
I bought a pair of Super Duty 2 boots and I'm having a few problems. The first problem is the fact that Icon DOES NOT respond to any type of contact through their website ( www.rideicon.com ). They do not list their phone number on their website either, and when you look it up through they yellow pages, There is no listing for Icon Motosports.

The second problem is the fact that I rode with these boots only 7 times and the right heel is separating in the back. Here's a picture of what I'm talking about.

My second problem is that the rubber is chipping off the top on the left boot.
another pic:

I bought the boots from an online retailer on ebay that goes by the name moto-Parts ( http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA...=7974498786&frm=1883&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:SID ) They have not responded to any of my questions either.

Does anybody know how to find a contact number for Icon? This is a warning to anybody considering these boots.
The ICON Warehouse/ Headquarters is right here in Deigo 2040 Gillespie Way, El Cajon, CA 92020. Good luck dude. I have the 2's and no probs so far except the blocky toe.

·
Registered
40 Posts
patfitz9 said:
if they weren't bought through a dealer, you can always try to bring them in somewhere and say you don't have a reciept. they were a gift, you lost the reciept, whatever works... and most likely that ebay guy isn't going to be much help. good luck
Ummm this is fraud, isn't it? Going to a dealer and saying you got something from them when you didn't? This dealer then pays to ship them to Icon and they get a replacement set sent (+ shipping). Kinda sucks to do that to an innocent dealer.

...and the next time someone posts a thread and says "XYZ company sucks! They wont take it back just becuz I didnt have the receipt!" you will know why. THIS is why companies create policies (like requiring a receipt) because they get screwed all the time by people doing things like this.

The correct course of action is to contact Icon and let them know your vendor is not helping you out and what can they do about it. They will likely ask you send them in and send you a replacement pair if under warranty and verified defective.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts