Sport Bikes banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
IM A BAD ASS WITH A STICK
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys and gals i am either haveing trouble with my Rotor assy or my Stator assy. I looked at the copper coils and they seem to be rubbing on the screws that hold the rotor on. would those copper coils being damaged cause the battery not to be charging and what can i do to fix it assuming i dont need to buy a new stator thanks for any help

·
Registered
133 Posts
pmoney said:
hey guys and gals i am either haveing trouble with my Rotor assy or my Stator assy. I looked at the copper coils and they seem to be rubbing on the screws that hold the rotor on. would those copper coils being damaged cause the battery not to be charging and what can i do to fix it assuming i dont need to buy a new stator thanks for any help
stator may not be your problem. my friend just replaced the alternator/stator on his bike hoping to solve the same problem - battery not charging. $300 for the item and the battery still doesn't charge. replace battery - bike runs until the batt runs out of juice. guess that means the batt is STILL not charging. only thing left would be the rectifier/regulator but he's taking it to the shop before spending any more cash.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts