Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I won a rear wheel off ebay from Boulder Bike Works out of Colarodo and upon examining it I noticed when I look through where the axle goes looking through you can see something out of line. I think it is what is called the collar in the wheel, its like the collar is out of place by about an 1/8"...and the nuts holding the sprocket on are like glue they won't seem to budge. The wheels not screwed or nothing is it?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Jam something in there to align up the collar - the axle maybe? Sprocket bolts should probably be tight? What are the recommended torque settings, since you are getting ready to reinstall another sprocket?

Randall

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry about the crappy pics...webcam..I need to get around and buy me a digital camera. Nuts on the sprockets are supposed to be 65 lb-ft, the only reason I was going to take the sprocket off was to try and get that collar straight and I'm going to get around and powdercoat it. Just a note but the bearing on the sprocket side will turn as to were the one on the side the brake disc goes will not turn.

Attachments

·
Registered
330 Posts
If you're talking about what I think you're talking about, then it's no problem.

Between the bearings is a spacer. That's all it is and it's free to move around. Like said above, just put the axel through it to recenter it and it's all good.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
extra said:
If you're talking about what I think you're talking about, then it's no problem.

Between the bearings is a spacer. That's all it is and it's free to move around. Like said above, just put the axel through it to recenter it and it's all good.
I think I just fixed it or got it back in place, jammed one of the metal rods from the original bar ends in there and now the bearing turns and its lined back up. :beer

·
Registered
791 Posts
what part of NC are you in tex

1 - 8 of 8 Posts