Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,
my friend needs help,of course if u can help him.in short,the story is next:

we wanted to take a ride today,so he started his bike and we waited to warm up....after the choke off and temperature was about 45 c,bike started to work unevenly same as this video,absolutely:

2006 Honda CBR600RR starts but idle low - YouTube

so i have asked him at what rpm is working i thought at first that is under 0.8,but he told me that is actually above 1 (1000) and bounces from 1-1.2 (1000-1200)....i got off my bike to look at his display,so yes he was right...from the front of the bike somewhere from radiator i could smell an odor which i could describe like smell of armpit (really)....but that odor
disappeared after 10 seconds.
i tried to give a lil bit of throttle and bike turned off immediately!

i have turned the killswitch off took out the key....and tried to start again,but with no luck,there`s all light,display everything is fine but bike wont start.....

same as in this video clip from youtube:

2006 Honda CBR600RR wont start - YouTube

i told him to leave that as it is but he tried and tried until he dried up battery.....
after charging i tried to start bike but with full throttle open for a 5 sec......few times.....and now bike sounds like he tries to fire but that again far away from enough.....

if u can plz help him.
THANX

and sorry for my bad english but i really hope that u will understand me
:(

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
hello again,i saw alot of views but no comments,maybe no one knew the solution,but not matter.
the bike works fine now and fired like a rocket,the problem was in battery!!!
we have tested battery and it was fine like new,noting wrong,so i remove the battery from my bike and placed in friends bike.
(before i tried with my battery,i tried with car`s battery and bike started like new.)
after that we tried to start the bike and booooom,bike started in a second.

also we had tried his battery in my bike,and same problem,i can hear fuel pump,light are on,nothing unusual on display,cranking like crazy but bike simple wont start.

i hope that i will help someone with this answer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yep,i think that`s the reason of a new air filter.
old filter another air flow,now with new is different air flow,and rpm are bouncing like i said from 1-1.2 and it should be 1.2-1.4,ideal is 1.3...

·
Registered
971 Posts
How many miles on the spark plugs? I had an F4i do that to me at around 15k miles and it turned out to be the plugs. I think I was supposed to change them at 10K or 12K and missed doing it. It was strange because the old plugs looked fine and had spark, but they would not run the bike.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
a new filter? maybe but i would check other things first.

first i would check for vacuum leaks. i use a bottle of carb clean.

if there were no leaks, check that vacuum is balanced between cylinders.

if vacuum is balanced, check you spark plugs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dunno but i saw here same sound,and after tuning idle on 1.3 sound is perfect:

i saw in service manual that idle should be 1.3 +/-0.1

1 - 7 of 7 Posts